• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Level making help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know what program to get that makes levels for the game. I'm also new to the .WAD language so if you know any good tutorials that are good please let me know.

Uh. Did you by chance read our website? I know this may be a great shock, but we actually have this information available on our website.

http://www.srb2.org

Edit: Err, dammit, a441 broke the link. *fixes*

However, I think that with the WadAuthor tutorial is enough for any program... Just change the commands of WadAuthor to the equivalents in the other one. ;)

DB and WA don't really have a lot of differences. So, it would be sort of easy to make a level using DB is you don't have WA

Thing is, in DB, you'll have to draw all of the sectors and make all linedefs by yourself. In WA, most of the default stuff (IE map name MAP01) is already set for you. Other than that, you shouldn't have much of a problem. I didn't :D

In Wa. I keep getting a error. When i select a one of the wad files it says change the name or something rather and when I do it wont wokr.

Doom Builder: make a copy of srb2.srb, rename it to srb2.wad, and select it in DB for SRB2's iwad(though it's pwad). You also need the cfg file.

Wad Author: make a copy of srb2.srb, rename it to srb2.wad, make it an iwad with a hex editor(search for the line pwad), and select it in WA for SRB2's iwad. You also need the wcf file.

I just select "all files" and open up Srb2.srb. (Yes, I have a backup).
I just started doing stuff in WA.
Don'task for samples of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back