Shadow The Hedgehog

Just like SMS when he first released and really every iteration released after that, this wad is spammed on every server. Congratulations.
At least Shadow has only a few unique abilities instead of every normal ability and nuke-thok. Shadow's generally fun to play as and provides a unique experience that no other character on the MB can replicate. In fact, most of the characters on the MB stand out from each other and give their own special playstyles. Even the badnik wads!

srb20055%20%282%29.png

sdsdsdsdsds.png

I've been working on an update recently. lol.

Oh wow, this looks sick. I assume you're using FSonic's lua for Super Shadow to have custom sprites right?
Yes. In addition to that, the Shadow update will have a complete bugfix with lua, updated sprites, and some gameplay changes in regards to match and when Shadow becomes super.

Yes. In addition to that, the Shadow update will have a complete bugfix with lua, updated sprites, and some gameplay changes in regards to match and when Shadow becomes super.

Sounds awesome, you've got me hyped. And do you have a set release date for this update?

Sounds awesome, you've got me hyped. And do you have a set release date for this update?
Not really. LOL. College and work ties me down a lot. Most of the work right now is just me finishing up sprites. The lua is all done. No promises but hopefully I can pull out something by... hmmm.. November maybe?

Will this clash with FSonic's super frames like his spin dash?
What part of "complete bugfix" do you not understand? >:C

Last edited:
This WAD is VERY fun to play with. Great control, movement, sprites, and animations. As everyone's saying, there are a few glitches and minor errors whilst playing, but these minor errors don't affect my experience playing with the WAD too majorly. This Shadow WAD, in my opinion, is definitely one of the better WADs that are available nowadays. Looking forward to future work from you, Speedwagon! Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Will the new shadow have timestop/that version of chaoscontrol (of cource not but that would be sick)

Whenever you do decide to release this new version, I'm begging you, PLEASE map chaos control and homing attack to different buttons. Trying to use the chaos control but accidentally using the homing attack instead on a green snapper offscreen I couldn't possibly see and taking damage for it, or locking onto a spring in an inconvenient place and falling in a pit for it is unfair and needs to stop...

Also, chaos control does not work at all in 2D, but hopefully you knew that already...?

Okay, yeah, you're right, but...frankly, that's really confusing. I mean, it's 2D, so anyone's natural instinct would be up=up, down=down, right=right, etc, obviously...it's needlessly convoluted, which is probably why I was led to believe it was broken in the first place.

Wouldn't it be at all possible for the ability to check whether or not the current map is in 2D mode or something?

Hey SpeedWagon, I'm here with a few questions regarding my commitment to make an amazing Shadow MD2 for your godly Ow the Edge wad. I'm currently finding some trouble making the skating frames, the wad seems to ignore the MD2 and play the sprites instead, what must I do to make these sprites use the model? Is it a separate model? I tried making all the frames fit into the wad's number of frames, but no results yet :C

@Virt yeah since it uses extra sprites that aren't really part of the character, it needs a different model altogether. So make a normal md2 like you would any other object, make the sufficient amount of frames for it, and simply make it over CSTM, that being the name of the shadow skate frames.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back