This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
It can't necessarily be that, because I upgraded to Windows 10 instead of reinstalling and this has worked fine for me consistently throughout development.

It's likely there's some other factor, such as the dependencies. Try downloading the dependencies seperately?

Yesterday, shortly before going to bed, I noticed something wrong in SRB2's configuration for Zone Builder (version 1.1).
Linedef type 721 comes before type 720 in the configuration, and type 721 has the prefix "(720)" while type 720 has the prefix "(721)".
You might want to take a look at that and see if you did something wrong there.

But other than that, Zone Builder seems pretty good. It's definitely the best map editor I've used (in my opinion).

Do you have a different download link? Because every time I click on the attachment it leads me to different file know as "attachment.php". Sorry if this question has been asked before I'm kind of new around here.

Red sun; red sun over paradise

Do you have a different download link? Because every time I click on the attachment it leads me to different file know as "attachment.php". Sorry if this question has been asked before I'm kind of new around here.
That sounds rather odd; the only way I know of that that might happen is if you had scripts disabled but I doubt you'd be able to post in that case.

This is a known bug when using old versions of Internet Explorer to attempt to download attachments from Releases.

Use a new browser (such as Windows 10's Edge, or Firefox) and the problem will go away.

From my experience, I've noticed going to Compatibility View Settings and adding srb2.org to the list fixes that particular issue for Internet Explorer.

But yeah, other browsers don't have that issue, so use those instead alternatively I guess.

From my experience, I've noticed going to Compatibility View Settings and adding srb2.org to the list fixes that particular issue for Internet Explorer.

But yeah, other browsers don't have that issue, so use those instead alternatively I guess.

Thanks its working now.

For some reaon, when I select multiple vertices, right-click one, and type a number for X or Y prefixed by ++ or --, all vertices will think of their "base" X or Y as the X/Y of the first-selected vertice.

As in, typing ++[number] in the X position field will make all selected vertices snap to the X position of the first-selected vertice, while the first-selected vertice will get the expected X position. Same goes for Y. But if you only type for X, the vertices will still maintain their own Y, and vice-versa.

Edit: However, right-click-dragging multiple vertices works just fine.

Last edited:
I've noticed there's no way to select the default map textures. Unless I'm missing something the current defaults are a road floor from Dark city, caution tape for the celing, and a black wall

For some reaon, when I select multiple vertices, right-click one, and type a number for X or Y prefixed by ++ or --, all vertices will think of their "base" X or Y as the X/Y of the first-selected vertice.

As in, typing ++[number] in the X position field will make all selected vertices snap to the X position of the first-selected vertice, while the first-selected vertice will get the expected X position. Same goes for Y. But if you only type for X, the vertices will still maintain their own Y, and vice-versa.
Yep, seems like this is a bug I retained from GZDB. I'll fix it for the next release.

I've noticed there's no way to select the default map textures. Unless I'm missing something the current defaults are a road floor from Dark city, caution tape for the celing, and a black wall
The default textures can be set for each map individually. The options for them are on the sidebar to the right, under "Draw Settings". Admittedly the global defaults don't make much sense - if no defaults are set in the config, Zone Builder picks the first flat whose name begins with "FLOOR" for the floor and the first one with "CEIL" for the ceiling. That made sense for Doom, but obviously not for SRB2. For the next release, I've added more sensible defaults to the configuration file (see here).

Hiya! Nice work on this editor. It's probably the best one so far! One (noobish) question, though: How do I open a stage in OpenGL mode? I tried directing the editor to the batch file for the OpenGL renderer, but it doesn't seem to work. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hit F6, go to Testing, check "Customize parameters" if it isn't already, and in the box below it add " -opengl" (without quotes) to the end of whatever's already there.

Unlike in the old (SRB2) Doom Builder, level geometry will rarely if ever break if you copypaste it around or draw linedefs through existing geometry. New vertices will be added and sector references corrected so that everything stays intact.
Huzzah, it's fixed! You wouldn't know how many times my levels have broken due to shifting level geometry around, and having to swap between both SRB2Workbench and Doom Builder to make levels (due to broken levels crashing in one of the utilities IIRC).

Great job!

Last edited:
Looks like there's no way to replace textures using "Find and replace mode", although it works just fine in the default GZDoom builder , can this be a bug ?

It works just fine for me. You can't replace anything when you have "Any Texture or Flat" selected, but it should work if you select "Sidedef Texture".

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back