SF94-Serv

Call me crazy, but I think that using the current Amy sprites keep a nice little variation to the NPC characters, as it differs from just being "oh, it's differently colored Amy from that wad" (especially since nearly nobody seems to remember those sprites from back in the 1.09.4 era). Heck, I'd even support using 2.0 Knuckles for these, since he feels more like a different design that could go along the mix. Of course, I'd recommend using more well polished sprites of him.

I guess that's an interesting way to think about it. But I personally more so prefer aesthetically pleasing sprites in general. That Amy at least differs in design, but in general those sprites are pretty horrible. 2.0 Knuckles isn't that bad though.

2.0 Knuckles was made by Chrispy. at the time of 2.0's release, the devs treated it as something decent enough to be Knuckles since the Knux before that looked like a ragdoll posing in front of the camera. Only Sonic and Tails have been made by SSN and they've been there since 1.08.

Sorry for bumping into this thread but I have found a major but hilarious bug in SF94 City Zone. If you push an NPC into the elevator some really strange things will happen. This will also cause every respawning and joining player to finish the level instantly rendering the level unplayable for those players unless the host or admin restarts the map.

Edit: Or even worse than that...

Last edited:
lol

Thanks for reporting, this will be fixed in the next release (I will probably just prevent NPCs from going into the elevator).

When ever someone hosts the wad sometimes the NPCs desynch cause people that joined to synch out.
and even when the host restarts the map it happens again...
is there anyway you could possibly fix this?

When ever someone hosts the wad sometimes the NPCs desynch cause people that joined to synch out.
and even when the host restarts the map it happens again...
is there anyway you could possibly fix this?
Yes. By removing the NPCs.

No seriously though, there is no actual way to do so, because what causes the desynch isn't the mod but srb2 itself.
I could eventually do something so REsynch doesn't happen, but it will not prevent DEsynch. Here is a list of what I could do:
-Removing NPCs. Technically a fully working idea, but...
-Making NPCs intangible to players, so you can't push them and they can't push you. Better, but even if I did so, NPCs can still be at different locations depending on the client (player). It's what you call DEsynch.
-Adding a console command that resets all NPCs properties. Possibly working, but commands often cause a LOT of desynch, which may just make it even worse.

Note that it is possible to make all (or some) of these options togglable (is this even a word) via a console variable.

Last edited:
I think that making a command to reset the NPCs would be the best idea. Even if it causes some desynch, if you put the command in one or two more times, it should synch everyone together. hopefully

I think that making a command to reset the NPCs would be the best idea. Even if it causes some desynch, if you put the command in one or two more times, it should synch everyone together. hopefully
This is pretty much the idea. But there is still one problem.
Let's say you send the command five times. The probability that one of the players received none of them is very low. Thus, you can consider all players have had "their" NPCs reset. All, but not necessarily at the same time. Indeed if some player didn't receive the very last command, they will instead take the fourth one in consideration. Since it's been sent sooner, NPCs also will have been reset sooner, resulting in one player having NPCs already moving when other players will have them just spawned back to their original locations.
In short: no matter how many times you resend the command, in the end the state of the NPCs for a given player will always be determined by the last command they successfully received. And you have no reliable way to know if NPCs were correctly resynched.

-Removing NPCs. Technically a fully working idea, but...
-Adding a console command that resets all NPCs properties. Possibly working, but commands often cause a LOT of desynch, which may just make it even worse.

I think adding both a console command to disable NPCs and a command to reset them is the best idea.
If someone does not recive the reset NPC command properly it would be a good idea to be able to disable them to make it playble for those who have trouble with NPCs.

I found an error in a Srb2 server hosted with sf94 levels, musics and core, it crashes the game and a message said "Make-Your-Own-FOF (tag 118) needs a value in the linedef´s second side upper texture field".

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Oh and it happens with sf94 city and neon night.

Last edited:
This server may have been using an event when you tried to join it. For currently unknown reasons, joining a server running an event (especially the Christmas event) seem to cause some trouble to the joiners. I hope I can fix this in later versions, although I can't say for sure.
Also, was the "Make-Your-Own-FOF" error message the same for both SF94-City and Neon Night, and with tag 118?

This server may have been using an event when you tried to join it. For currently unknown reasons, joining a server running an event (especially the Christmas event) seem to cause some trouble to the joiners. I hope I can fix this in later versions, although I can't say for sure.
Also, was the "Make-Your-Own-FOF" error message the same for both SF94-City and Neon Night, and with tag 118?

OOOH NVM LJ Sonik, the -compress parameter was activated, i was thinking that does the game faster, yea thats right, but its removing some linedefs in the map, thats why the error says "Make-Your-Own-FOF" error message the same for both SF94-City and Neon Night, and with tag 118. Nvm i desactivated the parameter, anyway, thanks. :)

A minor version has been released in order to keep compatibility with Srb2 2.1.15.
Don't expect anything new though, all it does is removing a few warnings in the console and fixing the ring animation.
As it was a serious issue and really quick to do, it also fixes the bug involving NPCs getting into the huge elevator in the Plaza.
Oh and also the title screen is back to normal, as having a Christmas-themed picture when summer vacation is about to start is a bit ridiculous (sorry to those who live in a place where it's still snowny)

Sprite Difference

For me. I honestly think you should change the character sprites and update them. Knuckles and Amy are the big ones. Everything is good overall. Just a little sprite change would be nice.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back