Thundercats 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting
Anybody remember the old Thundercats? It was an 80's cartoon, although it played a lot on Toonami, so a lot of you may remember it from there. It was your pretty standard 80's cartoon, lots of formulaic plots, and the main character was basically an 8-year old in a 20 year old's body. Also, Snarf. Fuck Snarf.

So now they're rebooting it. And it's such an improvement. The animation's better, the plot... from what I can tell, anyway, seems a lot darker and more complicated compared to the original version, and Snarf doesn't talk.

Want a 9 minute preview? I'll bet you do.

Sadly, I'll have to probably torrent this when it comes out, because Youtube hates that kind of thing, and my TV isn't even connected to the satellite.

...Now we need a Swat Kats reboot. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the preview, it's pretty interesting. I might watch it when it's on the air.

also no talking snarf fuck yes

...HOnestly, I think the old look was better. *shot* Maybe it will grow on me, but when I think "Thundercats" I think the old looks.

Oh fuck I'm a nostalgia junkie...

I'd probably like this more if it didn't have the obvious anime influence surging through the art and animation. Plus, the dialogue seems a little cheesy. "Now you see me, now you don't"? Typical comment from a disappearing character.

But yeah, me and Chaos are doomed to be Nostalgia Junkies.

I'd probably like this more if it didn't have the obvious anime influence surging through the art and animation. Plus, the dialogue seems a little cheesy. "Now you see me, now you don't"? Typical comment from a disappearing character.

Well, it IS animated by a Japanese company...

Even the original show was animated by Japanese people. I mean, obviously, the art is more anime-ish in the new one, but there was still the obvious anime influence in the original one.

Personally I have to agree. I loved the detail in the original more than what I looked at here, but I've come to respect what art styles are used. . .course I WOULD love to see some western styles being used here and I think the animated DC and Marvel hero movies that have been coming out are the best examples ((even if a. . .tiny bit of an anime style was in there but some great western artist were intrigued by those styles so can't blame them)).

I will say i'm rather bothered by Panthero's new appearance. Tigra? Eh, not really. They're still my favorites regardless :3

Guess who just found the first episode? And not on Youtube, even.

This was a really, really good start, I'd have to say. The animation was fairly well done, the character's pretty interesting, and there's a twist in there that I have to say that I really didn't think they were even ALLOWED to do on children's TV. I dunno, maybe I'm just old. This is the same person who was shocked that they said the word 'pissed' on Regular Show. :V

I'm too young to have seen the original Thundercats (it feels odd to say that when you just turned 20) but I still think this looks really cool.

I'll Begin, you are beginning to lie. Please stop and begin to tell the truth.
I am 19.666... years old, Thundercats was around and TV-viewable when I was 7-ish. 13 years ago is, within logical progression of how Austrailia seems to be a freaking creativity ghetto (no offense) with its late-gets, a perfectly reasonable time for you to have seen it. You aren't too young, as I am younger and did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back