SRB2 set for SAGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
badboy said:
Just saying, but what could SSNTails possibly be doing 3 months after the marriage?

I don't like what I have in mind.
Well, stay out of it. SSN's, well, AJ's personal is none of your concern.

Sooooo... what exactly is SAGE? and when you send it to SAGE will the game be available right away or what? I am very confuzed I was looking forward to playing the new srb2:(

http://www.sagexpo.org/

SAGE is short for Sonic Amateur Games Expo. An online convention where people enter their own fangames, and people vote on the best one. Very similar to our Level Design Contest, except it only comes once a year.

Once the SRB2 booth is open, you will all be allowed to finally download SRB2ME. You will also get to vote SRB2 as the #1 best fangame of all time, but the choice is still yours to make.

The site hasn't changed at all, but soon enough, the page will change to a "Coming Soon" page. It will have an opening date, and a set of links to allow people to start entering into SAGE.

Kaysakado said:
More specifically, the strings can now be edited by programs like Resource hacker, IIRC.
... if that's what SSNTails says by "making it easier", I wonder what he finds hard to do ? ;)

Hacking the exe is everything, except easy, not to mention it would be easier to change the strings in the released source code and recompile it. (I made it in the past, just to try, and I am not a good programmer)

What I understand is that the exe will read translations in separate files, that can be edited, not included into the main exe.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Its great to know that SRB2ME will be out in just a few short days but I have a few questions: Will it use the same launcher to load the wadfiles? Do I need to make a new folder for the game with all of my wads in it or do I need to delete 1.09.4 and put ME in my original folder? Either way this could be a little complicated. I also think I read somewhere in this forum that there would be a new thing that the character can grab onto and swing across a chasm or something similar. Will there be anything like that put in?

flashrogers said:
Its great to know that SRB2ME will be out in just a few short days but I have a few questions: Will it use the same launcher to load the wadfiles? Do I need to make a new folder for the game with all of my wads in it or do I need to delete 1.09.4 and put ME in my original folder? Either way this could be a little complicated. I also think I read somewhere in this forum that there would be a new thing that the character can grab onto and swing across a chasm or something similar. Will there be anything like that put in?
1. It's possible.
2. No, you won't be able to use your wads in SRB2ME. wait until there are new ones that are for SRB2ME. You can still play 1.09.4 though.
3. It's problably going to be in it.

Brown the dog said:
No, you won't be able to use your wads in SRB2ME. wait until there are new ones that are for SRB2ME. You can still play 1.09.4 though.

So they won't work in ME? What about porting them over, adding the appropriate sprites and stuff? Couldn't I use the console to load them in? What about using the sprites I already have? Couldn't I load those into a wadfile that is already configured to ME?

srb2kirbyo said:
Do you call a month a "few short days"?

Why yes I do because I'm already on vacation and having fun. Time flies when you're having fun! Besides, there are plenty of things to do between now and then to help you forget your anxiety of SRB2ME's release.

I wouldn't rely on the level converter to convert WADs to a playable state without any external editing, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back