• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Custom MD2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioFreak2001

that one gal
So, I made a Sonic model inspired by Sonic Jam and Sonic R.
Completely custom made.
This is the result.
(The textures are NOT final. This is just to show off the model. I will make custom textures later.)
Also I have no idea where to put this. I was gonna make an MD2 first, but I wanted feedback on the model, since this is my first custom sonic.

EDIT: I have submitted it now!

EDIT: I'm gonna start posting my progress on completely custom md2s now.

Attachments

• SonicMD2_1.jpg
    SonicMD2_1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 939
  • SonicMD2_2.jpg
    SonicMD2_2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 648
  • SonicMD2_3.jpg
    SonicMD2_3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 544
  • SonicMD2_4.jpg
    SonicMD2_4.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 458
  • SonicMD2_5.jpg
    SonicMD2_5.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:
Eyes look really weird. They should go upright and left at the beginning, not inword. Use the R and Jam models as reference. And the actual eyes are WAY too big. The whole model just kinda looks weird. Just try to polish a bit of it.

Good. The eyes aren't modeled on, and are rather textures. The shoes are also WAY too small, and the body is just a tad too big.

I made custom textures for it now!
And I changed the spines a bit to stick out more, but I think it looks weird from the back.

Attachments

• SonicMD2Newtextures.jpg
    SonicMD2Newtextures.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 715
  • SonicMD2ChangedSpines.jpg
    SonicMD2ChangedSpines.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 477
Nice improvements! I was a little skeptical looking at the images on the first post but you're fixing the big issues now. Keep it up!

I like the improvements, but the eyes are still too big. They also don't look round enough, and should be like a oval shape. The white shine should also be at the top of the eye, and not the bottom. The belly shouldn't be modeled on, as it looks really bad. Instead, make it a texture like with the eyes. Also, is it me, but do the hands look too small now? (Also, personal preference, but I'd like to see some more emotion, like maybe a smirk on the side of the mouth. https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.ne..._Screen.png/revision/latest?cb=20160417151005 I really wish someone could recreate these models. They are the Sonic R models, except a million times better. Amy and Eggman have actual models, and the rest of the cast has more detail, and even has that expression that I adore.)

That's adorable! Looks much more in-proportion with Tails' design, too. Clearly he's a lot easier than Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back