v2.0 Match/CTF Preview (Updated July 1st, 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zanyhead said:
Kaysakado said:
For the 4-way symmetry maps, why don't you take one corner of the map and enlarge it? I'm not sure it would work so well for Hydro Plant, but I think it could work for Airborne Temple and Starlit Warehouse pretty well, with some tweaking.

...except that they've only got a week or two before release, and suggestions are closed, but If it's that big of a deal to you, I'm sure it would be possible to port them yourself.
It takes me about five minutes to delete 3/4 of a symmetrical level, and enlarge the rest.

And then you'd have 1/4th of a crappy level.

It's not that easy, y'know.

Making good match maps is a LOT harder now, it's not as simple as just expanding one section. Expect to see a lot of really unplayable contest maps now, to be blunt, and not just the kind that look like someone doesn't know what they're doing.

Goodbye Dual Fortress! I hope we'll forget you.
Also, I'm hoping that the Race stages in ME will have multiple routes and more platforming because the Race in 1.09.4 was a thokfest-like gameplay, but I'm getting off-topic here.
Anyway, by seeing the new Match and CTF, it sure is going to be a Blast! Shields everywhere, emerald hunting and no camping!

Icicle Falls, Tidal Palace and Infernal Cavern look awesome! Although, I'm kind of upset that Dual Fortress had to go. Looks good, but it would be cool if someone could port the 1.09.4 levels over.

Also, 2.0? ME's namme was ditched for 2.0? Heh heh. SRB2 2. XD

Wrong. You are thinking about SRB2 2.1 which like I said before will be like 1.1 since it will be everything else that couldn't make ME. SRB2ME's version number will be 2.0

Violo said:
Icicle Falls, Tidal Palace and Infernal Cavern look awesome! Although, I'm kind of upset that Dual Fortress had to go. Looks good, but it would be cool if someone could port the 1.09.4 levels over.

Also, 2.0? ME's namme was ditched for 2.0? Heh heh. SRB2 2. XD

You call? Also Get outta my head. I was planning this already as SRB2 Blast from the Past. I'll include more when the wiki is up and open.

There is good reason why some of the 1.09.4 stages are not included. They either were not originally good, or they don't fit into the 2.0 match system. I personally think that porting the 1.09.4 stages that didn't make it a waste of time. Why not take that effort into a map that will actually work with the 2.0 system?

Cool, Twisted Terminal will be fun. Problem is, is that now when I put my idea to work in my first SRB2ME contest level, it might feel like a ripoff of that level. D= Darn. Oh, well, I'll still do it anyway.

Heh, i smiled at Meadow Match. :P I love that stage.

In other news, you have 1 new fan checking daily for updates. :P
I. CANT. WAIT. D:

I bet i'm gunna miss the ol' CurrentRB2 Gameplay, though.

I wouldn't worry too much about it Torgo, My reasons for doing it lie mainly with experimentation and collecting resources. The resources being the badniks that did not make it, dropped texture that are needed for levels (Minus Zim's Base, there's no way I'm porting that one) and old versions of badniks. My first real SRB2 ME match mode map will appear once I get use to the new play system.

J-town said:
Heh, i smiled at Meadow Match. :P I love that stage.

In other news, you have 1 new fan checking daily for updates. :P
I. CANT. WAIT. D:

I bet i'm gunna miss the ol' CurrentRB2 Gameplay, though.
That's why you'll save 1.09.4(a) with a different name, like me.

Wow.. again.. I like the new Sapphire Falls, Thunder Citadel, and Desolate Twilight zones. Icicle Falls Zone seems to have grabbed my eyes, it looks very challenging from when you said that theres almost nowhere to hide in there.

About that reverse gravity thing... if they're put to maps, will you automatically go upside down or something?

Sonict said:
Wrong. You are thinking about SRB2 2.1 which like I said before will be like 1.1 since it will be everything else that couldn't make ME. SRB2ME's version number will be 2.0

Oh, you mean SRB2ME's version number will be 2.0? Dunno why is 2.0, but ok!

I almost thought that SRB2ME is gonna be renamed to SRB2 2.0, which doesn't makes sense, because we have a SRB2 1.1 coming after ME, no?

The final version number will be 2.1 if that comes out. Even though we called the final version 1.1 for years, it was decided that an update as major as this needs to have a change from 1.x to 2.x. To answer your question, 2.1 will come after SRB2 ME.

This mentioned something about ctf, whereas each team will have their own rings. This is a good idea, but I got 2 questions.

1. If each team gets their own color of rings, how would it affect ring monitors?

2. Since this feature is to help increase defensively, how would ring drops when hit be affected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back