SRB2 version 1.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a download link for 1.08 on SRB2.org days ago, but now I don't see one on any of the pages... Where can I download it? ._.

I'm one of the people wanting to look into the past of SRB2...

It's stated in the FAQ, looks like you didn't bother to check it.

Mystic said:
11. Where can I find SRB2 v.1.08 (An older version of SRB2)?
You can download 1.08 here: http://mystic.sepwich.com/archive/FinalDemo108.exe
Please note that 1.08 is not supported by anyone at Sonic Team Jr., as it is an out of date version. The only reason you should run 1.08 is if you’re trying to run something that requires the files contained in the archive. If you just want to play SRB2, you don’t need this.

It used to be good in the old days. No where near as good now. Some of the old levels we're classic, and the crappy super sonic with a red cape lawl.

HYPERKNUX said:
No where near as good now.
I'd like an explanation on this one. The only thing I can possibly imagine complaining about between the versions is the Knuckles nerf. Remember the homing glitch? CTF support being non-existant? The horrible multiplayer rotation?

Being nostalgic is one thing, but remember the bad parts, too, man =P

Mystic said:
HYPERKNUX said:
No where near as good now.
I'd like an explanation on this one. The only thing I can possibly imagine complaining about between the versions is the Knuckles nerf. Remember the homing glitch? CTF support being non-existant? The horrible multiplayer rotation?

Being nostalgic is one thing, but remember the bad parts, too, man =P

Yes the homing glitch was annoying as hell at some times, Chaos was annoying, where a army of 5 million jettysyn gunners coming to you at once (sarcasm) , I only started netgaming in 1.09.3.44 since I had computer problems on my old one so I didn't know what the crappy multiplayer rotation was like =P. 2 player wasn't so bad on some stages. Submerged sanctum, thank god that's out of there now, I hated that stages.

Plus yellow was no where near as yellow, black should of stayed, but was used to cheat which was spoilt,

Most of the time, nostalgic events e.g. green hill returning in a offical sonic game is good, but not all the time, e.g. Sonic Genesis for GBA, pretty unimpressive for it's timing.

But then again I would think that some of the old stuff which was great, like Flying shrine, Air Haven (apart from chaos on that map)

OMGADZ PLAYER 3 IZ USING COLOR BLACK FOR CAMO!
Kick 3
Huzza!

Knux's sprites in 1.08 didn't completely change color.

I'll Begin said:
HYPERKNUX said:
black should of stayed, but was used to cheat which was spoilt
How is camoflague cheating? Green in Meadow Match anyone? Besides, a lot of people want it back.

Loads of people used black to cheat for camouflage, and other things in netgames, a while back, ask someone who played the older versions of the game =s. I can see you didn't play 1.09.1, or 1.08 itself.

HYPERKNUX said:
I'll Begin said:
HYPERKNUX said:
How is camoflague cheating? Green in Meadow Match anyone? Besides, a lot of people want it back.

Loads of people used black to cheat for camouflage, and other things in netgames, a while back, ask someone who played the older versions of the game =s. I can see you didn't play 1.09.1, or 1.08 itself.
Yeah. I've only been around for 8 months.

Also, if you want me to ask someone, then I will. Ahem. "Was black really that bad?"

I'll Begin said:
HYPERKNUX said:
I'll Begin said:
HYPERKNUX said:

Also, if you want me to ask someone, then I will. Ahem. "Was black really that bad?"

I wasn't trying to make you ask. Jeez, all I said was "If you wanted to know about why black was cheating and taken out of netgames, then ask someone if they played the old versions and if they knew about it" ok?.

I'll Begin said:

Yes. It was so bad that on pretty much every map darker than light level 255, every player in the netgame switched to black, including myself. It was just THAT much of an advantage. Green on Meadow Match isn't nearly as bad, because you're generally looking at another player from the side, and you'll see them against green and the brown of GFZROCK. Black in any dark stage is MUCH worse, as you'll see black against the more black of a dark area.

It was downright abusive and cheating. We removed it, and the only people who complain are the people who weren't around back when the only color anyone chose was black because it was the best choice. Play an 8 player game of all black Sonics, and you'll agree that removing it was by far the best choice.

Blizzard T. said:
Nope, but I take looks into the past. 1.80 isn't junk compared to 1.90 though.
I've never heard of 1.80 and 1.90. Are these unofficial versions?

Mystic said:
stuff about how black sucked.

I always used black, not just in the dark levels, but everywhere. I understand if it's never going to be put back in, but i would actually prefer
it if none was removed and an arrow of the OPPOSITE color of yours would be hovering over your head in multiplayer. that way black wouldn't be cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back