• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Rosy the Rascal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
So this topic is about how I'm totally not making an amy wad and I totally don't want opinions on some of the things I'm not doing with the not wad.
So here's what I don't have
play1.png
Falling
rosyq.gif
Rotation
I also (don't) have other frames but they aren't worth posting here.
I'm (not) trying to give her more emotion so I'm (not) doing things a little different for a few frames. I need some ideas for her ability. (that she won't have) It could be custom or just an SRB2 ability. If I don't get any good ideas I'll just default to double jump

Oh you lied to me! >:<
Anyways nice and I hope to see this in the submissions soon.

amy.gif

Color her like this instead
I think the colors here would be too saturated to look natural ingame; I'd go with the colors Chrispy has going on right now.

I'm not sure if that fits into SRB2's palette, anyway.

@Chrispy: If you need "personality" ideas, take a look at the Amy in Sonic 1&2 rom hacks over at Sonic Retro, it has some pretty good animations.

I think thok would be a (not) stupid idea as ability, maybe (not) one of her abilities from the games she's playable, (not) such as Sonic Advance games and (not) Sonic Adventure

She had high jumps in those games, so you could soc her spinitem into a yellow spring to simulate it.

Funny how you (haven't) got persuaded into making Amy :P

yeah, maybe a yellow spring would be a good ability. Maybe like Sinkoo, make her have a low normal jump and her thokitem is a high jump

Oh you lied to me! >:<
Anyways nice and I hope to see this in the submissions soon.
He didn't lie. That isn't an Amy wad, it's an Anti-Amy WAD!
Those who have read the Archie Comics will appreciate that.

Chrispy, this is why we love you.
no homo

rosyrun.gif
I didn't just finish the front walk animation
EDIT: Forgot to mention that Draykon made me a hammer jump ability where if you jump at the right time in midair amy hits her hammer on the ground and jumps really high

Last edited:
So, like the hammer jump in SA / SADX, but this time, instead of having to be at a certain speed, having to be at a certain height?

Anyways, I like the look of this so far, but the falling sprite seems so... strange.

Currently there is a little glitch though. Since she has ability2 on she has multiability, which usually isn't an issue. But she's able to hammer jump off walls and if you do it repeatedly she climbs it.

Oh, so you are (not) working on Old-School Amy (not) wad after all, Chrispy? =P

AMEECHAR.png

Perhaps you could base the character select screen off this old one of mine? (This one's in the 1.09.4 pallete though)

Could this be featured in SRB2 final? After all she does look like the right style. I wish you luck with this. Ability? Not thok. Double jump if you have too. Also the hammer is a good idea. Last please make her skin, not clothes change color.

This is (not) a great idea. But what about her coloration? Shouldn't part of her be able to change color in netgames?

She is. The pink changes colors. Also Monster I have plans for the character select pic so I won't be using that. Werehog, I have the ability now.

She is. The pink changes colors. Also Monster I have plans for the character select pic so I won't be using that. Werehog, I have the ability now.

=<

...oh well. Good luck with working on her anyway. You'll probably get much further than I ever did with my version of Old-School Amy. =/

I already have. I got almost all the front and back frames done. I'm just too lazy to postertize them.

Oh, so you are (not) working on Old-School Amy (not) wad after all, Chrispy? =P

AMEECHAR.png

Perhaps you could base the character select screen off this old one of mine? (This one's in the 1.09.4 pallete though)

The pink is a bit oversaturated, but otherwise, it looks pretty good. Try taking the colors from Chrispy's sprite and using those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back