Whats was the best Sonic Advance or sonic game for the GBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first one because Sonic Advance 2 was more hold right and took the platforming away.

And sonic Advance 3 just made Sonic heroes all over again,it got it right but...Advance 1 had the best platforming

Yea the third Advance game suck. I mean it was good for a decent finaly for the GBA series, but the match up in teams was very stale.

They make battle sprites for shadow, yet they don't make speed sprites for him to be playable in the advance series.

Advance 2 was the second best of the series, it was more of a speed fest (which Is what I love the most) and yea the mid-air tricks killed the platform experience, but the game was more trickier than the others, not to mention the bosses were a Pain in the *&^$&.

But the first game I shall Love

The first game was my favorite. The second one I didn't really like (although I only played it for a few minutes on a friend's gameboy) because being killed by the boss automatically sent you back to the first zone of the area you were in. The third, I kinda liked the team thing, but it didn't make much of a difference to me. The way to collect chaos emeralds was crazy.

Third.
In the first one, you're too slow. In the second one, while fun, has no distinction between the characters' stories.

I like the first one over the other two. Sonic Advance 2 had a ridiculous way of earning Amy and getting to the special stages, while completely lacking water stages. Advance 3's partner system was disappointing, I was hoping to swap characters out like in Sonic Heroes. The cramped level design in most of the stages didn't work out considering how fast Sonic and Co. run.
The first one didn't try too hard to be fun. It felt a lot like Sonic 2 in many ways, the special stages weren't frustrating to get to, and you didn't have to earn any character in a ridiculously tedious manner. Heck, if you input a code just right at the character select screen, Tails will follow Sonic just like the good ol' days! The level design reminded me a lot of the classics too.
The first was pretty solid in my opinion, and it's the only Sonic Advance game I haven't sold off or given away to a friend. =P

My favorite GBA sonic game was Sonic Advance. it was technically my first "new Sonic" game, right before Adventure. I'd liked that fact that it brought back some of the old sonic gimmicks along with it, making it more fun to play.

My second is the third advance series.
Reason?
It brought back the uses of partners in 2D games (It was used in Advance 1, but you have to enter a cheat to do it, and it only works on Sonic). My first game was Sonic 2 for Mega Drive, so it felt like the old days play with Sonic & Tails.

My least favorite was Sonic Pinball Party. To tell you the truth, I'm not much of a fan at pinball, and this game barely makes any sense. I barely understand why Tails and Amy's eyes were red. I'm like "WTF...?"

Anyways, the first GBA Sonic game was the best, with a lot of reasons I haven't explained.

Sondaniel22 said:
My least favorite was Sonic Pinball Party. To tell you the truth, I'm not much of a fan at pinball, and this game barely makes any sense. I barely understand why Tails and Amy's eyes were red. I'm like "WTF...?"

[spoiler:76906bbaa6]There were taken over by Eggman.[/spoiler:76906bbaa6]

The Dark Fox said:
Sondaniel22 said:

[spoiler:3c6efb16e3]There were taken over by Eggman.[/spoiler:3c6efb16e3]
Oooooh. I see now. But still, It barely made any sense in my opinion.

I kept liking each Advance game as they kept coming out. SA1 was, as said, like the good old days. I actually thought Sonic was slower than the Genesis ones, though. But finding the blue springs was annoying. Specially if you want to get to the first one without using Tails.

The second one was fast. I loved it. I played it for hours, and I couldn't stop playing it. Nowadays, I play from the beggining, skip Angel Island, and finish the game. The special stage rings was completely pointless, and loosing them when you get killed gave you another reason to forget about it. I ended up using Gameshark for it.

I also liked SA3. They combined the platforming of SA1 with the speed of SA2. Buddy system sucked big time, as you don't really need a buddy. Just the abilties that they give you. I did had fun using Knuckles and Tails to find all the missing Chao. I tried doing it again, but I gave up in the third Zone.

Battling is way too repetitive.. It gets boring fast, and having to fight an enemy again right after you killed it is strange.

Jellybones69 said:
Battling is way too repetitive.. It gets boring fast, and having to fight an enemy again right after you killed it is strange.

They might have to make a remake of it.

just bring back the phis and gemrald maybe emral????, a more decent story with less repeitivness and it will take care of itself. but with rivals out and stuff, their is no point.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I kept liking each Advance game as they kept coming out. SA1 was, as said, like the good old days. I actually thought Sonic was slower than the Genesis ones, though. But finding the blue springs was annoying. Specially if you want to get to the first one without using Tails.

The second one was fast. I loved it. I played it for hours, and I couldn't stop playing it. Nowadays, I play from the beggining, skip Angel Island, and finish the game. The special stage rings was completely pointless, and loosing them when you get killed gave you another reason to forget about it. I ended up using Gameshark for it.

I also liked SA3. They combined the platforming of SA1 with the speed of SA2. Buddy system sucked big time, as you don't really need a buddy. Just the abilties that they give you. I did had fun using Knuckles and Tails to find all the missing Chao. I tried doing it again, but I gave up in the third Zone.

The spring was red........BTW

My personal favourite out of the 3 would be the third one. It combines the platforming & speed into one game which is what I liked about the old Sonic games, the tag system could of been betterm but it was good enough chao finding wise as I used Knuckles & Tails almost all the time for that.

Sonic Advance 1 was more classic than the 3 titles. It felt like playing Sonic 2 all over again except being much shorter. They could of added more levels, and got rid of Amy as she was annoying in the game, the way she has to attack, lacking spin roll etc.

Sonic Advance 2 was good, but there are flaws. Yes, Sonic is based on speed, but they overdid it in the entire game, and it lacked in platforming in almost half the game in my opinion. The special stage system sucked big time finding the rings especially when you find 6 and then, WHAM! into a pit = lose rings = fail. I was doing fine until Sky Canyon as it got hard finding the rings. Again, lack of stages, I swear all the stages in the advance series are always 7 due to every world having their emerald, why couldn't they add special stage rings throughout the stages, that would of been awesome.

3 Was fun It tooken me back to the Sega Gens by doing a remix of Green Hill. ROUTE 99 FTW!
Sonic advance 3 was like a fusion of, Sonic advance 1-2 and knuckles chaotix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back