*Sigh* Begun, the fan-boy wars have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shu

Bleh. Now that all three of this generation's systems have been out for a month now, you can't even look at a game's Wikipedia article's talk page with out stupid fan boys flaming each other with unproven comments about the systems a game will be on and crap like that. One of the most sickening examples I saw today was SoulCalibur IV's horridly constructed page, full of bull crap about the possibility of a Pirates or worse yet, Star Wars guest character in it. And the talk page had a n00bish argument about the Wii and PS3.

And I'm also hear crap about this kinda... crap on every single forum it seems I go to. And soon I'll have to go back to school and share the same home room with a mental unstable Sony
fan-boy who won't stfu simply because I _prefer_ Nintendo's systems (even though I also own a PS2 and plan to buy and XBox 360). And he never shuts up about freaking GTA and how I'm so stupid for not making it
my religion and crap. Bah!

Lawl, video game religions.

But, uhh, yeah. if you prefer Nintendo, why the carp are you getting a PS3 and a 360?

Because I prefer it, not worship it. (I already got a Wii.)
And SCIV is only going to be available on PS3 and X360, and SoulCalibur is about the only thing I'm a fan boy of these days.

Interesting, I already knew the war was being taken to YouTube, but Wikipedia? I'm surprised theres still enough fan-boys that haven't been IP-banned from editing their pages to cause any more harm...

But either way, its all stupid crap... Don't they have better things to do? Like actually playing their consoles instead of complaining about how much the others suck?

Yeah. Only reason I'm not using my Wii right now is that I only have Wii Sports.

As for Wikipedia's IP bans: Well, imagine how much trouble we have with
the noobs here. Now, multiply that to a global scale. Mentally disturbing.

I'm disturbed.

Especially since I estimate the United States n00b population to number around 40-50 million... Thats not counting the rest of the English-speaking world.

"Begun"?

No, fanboy wars have been going strongly since the early days. I remember fanboy wars back in the 16-bit era, and that was before the internet became mainstream.

Nothing has changed. Move along.

Mystic said:
"Begun"?

No, fanboy wars have been going strongly since the early days. I remember fanboy wars back in the 16-bit era, and that was before the internet became mainstream.

Nothing has changed. Move along.

Yes, but the release of a new generation all ways flames it up for a couple of years.

Everything about fanboys is silly. Honestly, who would bash company X when they love company Y? The PS3 is not entirely bad, and everyone assumes it sucks because of copying Nintendo and its outrageous price. People think the Wii is bad because of its "dated" (hum, no its not) hardware, and it doesn't play DVDs, and last but definitely not least, it's crappy control scheme! Who wants to wave their arms around when they want to sit down with a coffee and play quietly? I know I do.

I'd love a new control scheme. We've been getting the convential control scheme for six generations now, and it's time for a change. Nintendo believes in this aswell, and tries to make a new gaming revolution, just like it did back in 1985, and everyone is skeptical of the new control scheme, just like people were skeptical of the NES back when the video game crash of 1983 happened.

Finally, the Xbox 360. I don't see any problems with it, but Microsoft made a great console despite its reliability problems, and the original Xbox made console online play competitive (the Sega Dreamcast had online play too, but it wasn't good enough to be a de-facto standard). So yeah, the Xbox 360 is cool.

And yeah, my two cents. I don't know, I had random stuff about the consoles popping up in my head when I read this, and decided to post it here.

BlueZero4 said:
But, uhh, yeah. if you prefer Nintendo, why the carp are you getting a PS3 and a 360?
That is some crooked reasoning right there. "If you prefer spaghetti, why do you eat anything else?"

Because in Soviet Russia, spaghetti eats you?

While Shuffle's analogy was a bad choice (noone has ever died from neglecting their console diet, I think), he's right. He said prefer, not adore or have a long lasting affair with the CEO/Chairman/Whatever of Nintendo.

Unless, BZ4 got the wrong end of the stick and thought Shu didn't own/plan to get a Wii, despite preferring Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back