Official Level Design Contest: March/April 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume so, but we would have to mark them so the ME wads and 1.04 wads don't get mixed.

Vibrant Vendetta continues to make progress. Play it in Software mode, as the red colormaps outside look so much better in Software than in OpenGL. So do the pools of blood.

You're making Vibrant Vendetta? Isn't that map supposed to be made of such sheer awesome that no one can make it?

:SonicMaster: said:
Vibrant Vendetta

AwesomeCenterFace.png

@Ice: To be honest, I almost think it should be the exact opposite. Perhaps it would have countless cliche flaws and quirks, kinda like Pole's Big Adventure. I also imagine it to have IWBTG difficulty.

I'm curious to know what exactly you have in mind for this map, SM.

Blue Warrior said:
** epic image here **

*Ezer'Arch falls off the chair*

I lol'd. BADLY!

Blue Warrior said:
I'm curious to know what exactly you have in mind for this map, SM.

If I were you, I would not mind... because nothing can be compared to the TRUE Vibrant Vendetta. :D

[/random post]

It's a fairly nondifficult graveyard/dungeon map. It's also not a joke wad. I'm going for Red-Desert-esque level design.
Sounds different from my interpretation.

Vibrant: adj.
Pulsing or throbbing with energy or activity

Vendetta: n.
1. A feud between two families or clans that arises out of a slaying and is perpetuated by retaliatory acts of revenge; a blood feud.
2. A bitter, destructive feud.

I expect to see both of these incorporated into the level somehow.

Or to crash on start up.

Applying themes, I've noticed, isn't quite as easy for me as it is for Blade or Kuja. I'm in serious lack of content that is death themed, and I am unsure of how to make it vibrant. That's not completely important though; what's important is that it is enjoyable.

I have now submitted my map in. I can't wait for this contest, and it's been one map I've been focusing on for a bit, some stuff had t be removed due to level lag would cause, which is why there may be a few bland spots, but you'll see my map in the contest =P

I'll try to enter into every division. Wish me luck!
I hope I can get past my procrastination to actually finish one of my damn maps.

Note about Glaber Base 5. You will need Dr. Pepper's Sally wad to fully experience the level. This level branches off into different paths and Sally gets her own exclusive path. How? I figured out Sal's Character abilty number and placed triggers near computers to simulate her hacking it with Nicole to do something.

Oh, yay, Penopat's entering again. Let's see if he releases yet another unfinished level to the contest.

Nice try, mister.

I'm thinking about it, though...

Ezer.Arch said:
Blue Warrior said:
** epic image here **

*Ezer'Arch falls off the chair*

I lol'd. BADLY!

This is where that image came from BTW.

Glaber said:
Note about Glaber Base 5. You will need Dr. Pepper's Sally wad to fully experience the level. This level branches off into different paths and Sally gets her own exclusive path. How? I figured out Sal's Character abilty number and placed triggers near computers to simulate her hacking it with Nicole to do something.

Thanks for spoilin teh gimmick there.

Anyway I most likely won't get my level in anytime this contest... Why? ...Cause I haven't made one *Slapped*

You should. Green Hill Zone was very well done.

I wonder if I should make another NiGHTS level for the Circuit division, or if you guys still need a break from them, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back