• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2SNK: A fighting game

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to this, I would like to know how the Knuckles battle will be handled.
I'm going to probably end up hardcoding some MF2 flags for the Knuckles and Metal Sonic battles. Knuckles would have one that stops you from hurting him from in front for general use, and one that if you hit him, both of you get knocked back, but nothing happens, for while jumping.

Metal Sonic will have one where you can only hit him from the front/top/bottom for general use, and one where you can't hit him at all, for when he's jumping.

srb20000.png

Maek this plz.

I'd recommend just making MF3 flags, Kaysakado.

Not sure how much help it would be, but you might be able to knick a few ideas from Sonic Doom 2 on how to adapt different things. Some levels might be easier to make than others, too. Death Egg Zone comes to mind as a possibly easier map to make.

In addition to this, I would like to know how the Knuckles battle will be handled.

Maybe it will look like the Silver battle in STH360.

SSNTails said:
Death Egg Zone comes to mind as a possibly easier map to make.

Upside-down stages are fun! Death Egg Zone better have alot of upside-down parts and maybe puzzles.

Just re-use the teleporter from ERZ2, no big deal. The way they work is virtually identical to the ones in Sky Sanctuary to my recollection.

OFF TOPIC:
I think this can be pulled off but not by me if it was done by me I say now EPIC FAIL.
Look who is talking the guy who almost got permbanned. You are not good placed to talk, Mister Eggman.

ON TOPIC: This was my favourite game when i was 8 years old. I was pretty sure somebody would do it a day.... and this day have been come true. I have an suggestion here: The Doom Day Zone could be an night mode(no request. just an suggestion)

srb20000.png

Maek this plz.

I'd recommend just making MF3 flags, Kaysakado.

Not sure how much help it would be, but you might be able to knick a few ideas from Sonic Doom 2 on how to adapt different things. Some levels might be easier to make than others, too. Death Egg Zone comes to mind as a possibly easier map to make.
srb20034.png

Does this work at all?

[22:18:40] <@Rob> I've been reading the S3K/SRB2 mod topic.
[22:18:50] <@Rob> Every screenshot makes me ask this question:
[22:18:59] <@Rob> Why is there not VGM/GYM support in SRB2?

I am presuming you have a programmer that can deal with this. Having VGM/GYM tracks with this thing would be godly.

Well, to be fair, Rob, given that OGG supports seamless looping, they could probably just rip OGGs out of the existing VGM files...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back