Amy is supposed to be in Sonic Xtreme!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly SRB2's multiplayer gametypes took an idea from X-Treme without even knowing it, hah.

Being similar in appearance to Sonic though is no surprise, given she was pretty much a female pink Sonic with clothes back in the day. (Not that she's moved much beyond that since)

Sonic Booms appearance does change her clothes and personality. In Sonic Boom she's no longer just a girl whos in love sonic, she's a feminist who decides to fight for herself when she needs too, but she still likes Sonic, but it's never stated outright because it's too awkward

That is a nice find, although I really hope that wasn't going to be her final model design. It's atrocious to look at, and it's as if their only reference of her was the Sonic CD sprite and nothing else.

I agree, that front frame looks creepy, also was the model actually uploaded anywhere ? I'd like to take a closer look.

Ha, Someone quickly make an amy mod with her throwing Rings, Jokes aside wasn't SRB2's Multiplayer setup before people realized Amy was playable in X-treme ?

Welp, that's something new I've learned today. Makes me wonder how much more of SRB2 took ideas from X-Treme...

Romio: I wouldn't be surprised if said old press literature was from while X-Treme wasn't even cancelled yet, let alone before anyone tried to scavenge around for info on what the game would have had.

Last edited:
Romio: I wouldn't be surprised if said old press literature was from while X-Treme wasn't even cancelled yet, let alone before anyone tried to scavenge around for info on what the game would have had.

Correct. Old press literature said SONIC could throw rings:

http://www.lostlevels.org/200403/200403-xtreme.shtml

I'm not really sure X-Treme had anything else steal-worthy... but you'll have to bring up specifics to pull it out of the dusty recesses of my brain.

The sprite style, including the actual prerenders circa SRB2 Christmas? :P

Well, Vanilla 2.1 Sonic's sprites look similar to Xtreme's, so...that's something.

that was a nice find, i wonder how much it took to dig her model up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back