Why is the WIKI down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't mean that, Chrome...

I mean... That's the only page we've got, and how many people want to make NiGHTS levels? Hardly any at the moment... It's only 1 of thousands of pages in the Wiki, and it's not a particulary useful one, except for those who want to make NiGHTS levels, of course.

Oh, well, it seemed as though Google caught all the other pages, guess I was wrong, sorry for misleading you.

A cached version of a page is an older, saved version of a page. These are usually archived in case the page no longer exists, or is down.

Go on Google, or Yahoo, and search for anything. Then click "cached". You should see the page. If there is no cached version of the page, you are out of luck.

Ash said:
A cached version of a page is an older, saved version of a page. These are usually archived in case the page no longer exists, or is down.

Go on Google, or Yahoo, and search for anything. Then click "cached". You should see the page. If there is no cached version of the page, you are out of luck.

CACHED is very laggy

Re: It's back up and running...

123 Runite said:
http://srb2wiki.sepwich.com

Don't link to the deprecated link, it's only there for preservation purposes, linking to it may confuse people...

I know this is locked, but if the Wiki does go down again, you can just use this link to use google's cached version of the Wiki pages: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=site:wiki.srb2.org&meta=

Basically, how I did it is like this. When you are in google type this in:
site:wiki.srb2.org

Any word you add after what you type in above will search for that word on the site.

For people complaining about how slow it is, that is because of the images that were trying to load from the dead site. If you look at the top after you click the link to the cache version of what you want, it says it can do a text version of the page without the images and by clicking that, the page will load up instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back