• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My first match map, mtf_desertmine.wad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armand

Armix
Hello SRB2 players.

I made a map, long time ago, and I just decided to share it with you, because I don't see anything I should add to this map.

I post this in editing, because it is not a real release, I just want your opinions about my map. What's wrong, what should be added, deleted... some things like that ! :)
Then I will change it or try to make another one.

Here is the link, SRB2FFH powered:
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=09fee0fe3401f65d5f529531dfd53bf0

Screenshots, because people want them:
Underground path.

Inside the mine.

Outside the mine, in the desert.

This map works for match, tag, and capture the flag modes.
Have fun !

Edit: consider this wad as the final version, but comments are still appreciated ! ;)

Pretty good, but there are a few bad things:

The quicksand pit is too big, and there isn't really a reason for that.

The quicksand pit wasn't made the right way. Next time, use a quicksand FOF with a death pit over it.

The level is kind of large. One of the hardest things about level making is to keep them the right size.

Of course, there are good things; multiple routes, a risk for careless people who either have the flag or are Sonic that drop into the crack next to that death pit with the rocks and red springa in it.

About the quicksands, I thought it was a waste of time to fall in and wait to die. I will maybe reduce the size of the pit, but not the map size (or not too much), because I'm afraid to make it cramped. :?

Thanks for your comment ! ;)

Ok, I tried to change the size of the map, and I didn't like it : it made the map really small with cramped corridors, and the "careless Sonics or flaggers trap" didn't work properly...

So, consider this wad as the final version. Can a nice moderator or admin move this topic to level releases, please ? :)

Why should I make a new topic for the same wad ? I didn't change the map at all... :?

Edit: I'll wait, and if the topic stays here, I'll make a new post in releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back