SRB2 Dreamcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dreamcast I got about a month ago from my friend, and I heard about ported versions of SRB2. Also, when I looked in my folder with the files for SRB2, one of them had another folder called "DC."

Begin the search!!!

After a few minutes of search, I found a hosted image of SRB2 Dreamcast and burned it to a cd to play. My excitement was unbearable as I turned it on.

Kind of a letdown.
It lags SOOO incredibly bad, there isn't any music, and when you select
END GAME and hit "A" (which is yes), it actually shows the exit screen and then turns off the game, which can only be restarted by turning the Dreamcast on again.

I guessing it's in development still. If anyone has any info, I'd like to know.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Yes, all of what you noticed is why SRB2DC hasn't been worked on in quite a while. I do not think Alam has gotten much progress on it since the last DC port release, over a year ago, if I recall.

I think Alam's excuse was that he didn't have a working Dreamcast to test with... didn't Omega have like, 11? :X

Yeah, but you'd think running a disc/disc image on Chanka would be a viable option.

Fish hook said:
How'd you get this? I have a working DC and would love to play it.

Google is your friend.
EDIT: On second thought, try DC Evolution. I think it may be against forum rules to say where it may be, but it was under "Hosted images."

Or you could get a build from SVN and try that. Dunno if it'll work or if it's faster/works better. All I know is, the most recent port updates were for PocketPC, PSP and GP2X(yum).

on Edge said:
What about the bigger, newer, stronger systems? (Not psp.)
PSP is stronger than Dreamcast? News to me.

As for SRB2 Wii, nobody's managed to run homebrew on that thing yet. Wii probably doesn't have enough powah for SRB2, either. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back