2.2 Preview - With Slopes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kuQnTw3.png

Just the contrast between this shade of blue here and the clouds is selling it for me a whole lot more honestly, like imagine animated clouds with this blue compared to what was shown

Well I mean like, not with those clouds, the ones with Root's edit. Altocumulus clouds are like the worst possible example to show off cloud movement with that blue of a sky, but... that's probably your point

Man, this looks awesome. I'm hyped.

I can't believe I'm looking at a picture of a new GFZ1. I thought that day would never come. And it's so slopey! It finally looks like a Sonic game!

I really love that image of CEZ1. The design is great, and I really love the look of that castle there. Will any of the old CEZ1 be included, or will it all be brand new? I personally quite like a few rooms in the current stage (like this one) but I might be alone there.

ACZ2 looks like... Arid Canyon Zone! That wasn't nearly as exciting as I'd hoped it'd be. Those diagonal rope pulleys look awesome. Despite knowing that 2.2 had slopes, somehow I never thought things like that were now possible.

I really looking forward to this.

Entirely new. Not even homages like the THZ2 remake had. CEZ1 is not very well liked on the dev team. I fully apologize for making two cancerous ones already X_X

To be fair, Nev3r's layouts were pretty good, but then you had to go and Mystic Realm up the rest of the stage with a hundred bookcase mazes. Bookmazes.

Editorial note: this post was supposed to have gone up like six hours ago but SOMEONE unplugged the server just as I hit the submit reply button

GFZ1? Revamp? @_@

I never thought I'd see the day when GFZ actually became better! This is the greatest day ever!

Oh, and New CEZ1. That's cool, too. Hope there are better visuals this time 'round.

Honestly, i think CEZ1 textures suits the level, despite that it's horrible.

There are some nice new stuff on CEZ ,The new Textures are nice, and especially the new Skybox .

Huh, turns out Nev3r did in fact make a small section of CEZ2. I thought the "new" half was all Mystic.

GFZ is kind of an animal to handle! Everyone says they're unhappy with it and everybody wants to get their finger in the pie, but basically every remake of its textures and flats ends up looking like garbage by comparison for some reason. It is the GFZ curse...

Oohohohohhh are we talking about me ouo

unwanted jokes aside... everything's looking very nice besides ACZ (joke.wad) and I had a hype overflow when looking at the post

GFZ's grass especially looks nice now, kudos to toaster for fixing it

CEZ is amazing--- I can't express it in simple words
It's
the H-Train is top speed right now

ACZ 2 looks like it's going to be relatively devoid of bottomless pits(?) which is good so we don't have another ropehang puzzle like 2.0's

So... hopefully we'll get to try this out soon +u+

To be fair, Nev3r's layouts were pretty good, but then you had to go and Mystic Realm up the rest of the stage with a hundred bookcase mazes. Bookmazes.
Hilariously, the library is the only part of the stage that Nev3r was predominantly involved in. There is plenty of my lazy design in CEZ2, but the library isn't it =P

I was, in fact, referring to both previous versions of CEZ1, the Demo 4 version which I made on my own and the 2.0 version which I originally designed and AJ predominantly made. Turns out that not everything AJ touches turns to gold.

Last edited:
All I heard for years was that Greenflower will never change, and look at it now! Can't imagine how much this new feature will affect the later stages.

Assuming anyone felt the strong urge to make a new Nights Mode stage, I can see the addition of slopes allowing for all kinds of eye-candy there as well. Past me is mad jealy of all the cool stuff modders get to play with now, and will have access to in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back