View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008   #4
Jazz

Single Player:

Knux Emerald Quest Zone by SonicMaster 2/10

I would normally have nothing against emerald hunts, if they were done correctly. Unfortunately, a huge and bland map combined with exceptionally easy-to-find emerald hiding places...

Put it this way. The most difficult part of the level was the fact that I choose to play as Sonic instead of Knuckles.

Sapphire Coast Zone, Act 1 by Blade T. Hedgehog 7/10

By far the best SP map.

Level of detail was more than nice, and the extra paths added a nice touch. My only gripe was it's length. The level was over almost as soon as it started. I apologize for not being able to provide a more useful comment.

Omega Tree Zone by RedEchidna 2/10

Texture variety is good.

The entire level blended together due to your texture choice. It was difficult to tell where ledges were, etc. That combined with the fact that more than a few of your rooms were quite cramped...

Aquatic Basin Zone by Boss 3/10

Large, flat, bland and maze-like in places. Not a bad try, otherwise.

If I'm not mistaken, you're a relatively new mapper. One of the things you're going to want to avoid is making segmented rooms like you did in your map. In order for a map to flow properly, you should be able to run through most of the map without assistance from springs. The way your map was set up, springs were the only way to get through much of the map.

Arctic Dewpoint Zone by SonicMaster 4/10

Not a bad NiGHTS map.

My main gripe was the fact that an overall lack of obstacles made me feel like I was flying through the air at random, collecting rings instead of making my way through some kind of level.

Super Special Stage Zone by SonicMaster 3/10

The red hurt my eyes. Collecting the rings consisted of applying force to the "W" key and not too much more.

A special stage should take much more effort to make and beat than that one. Not to mention that a missing texture caused one of your platforms appear as though it was a broken sector in Software. You want to make sure that you have no missing textures by running SRB2DoomBuilder's built in error-checking function before submitting your levels.

Multiplayer votes as soon as I am able to host/join a contest vote netgame.