• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that i'm wondering right now is how complete "Kilometers" is at the moment. Its really hard to wait for stuff. Though I've learned to be patient after what happened last time I was impatient.

Something that i'm wondering right now is how complete "Kilometers" is at the moment. Its really hard to wait for stuff. Though I've learned to be patient after what happened last time I was impatient.

Well, the front-side angle for the walking frames aren't done. Nor are the gasping frames or the teetering frames. Atleast in my version of the private-testing wad, which seems to be the latest version.
Although, just because there are few sets of frames left to do, doesn't mean that Kilometers will come out that soon now, does it?

Last edited:
After playing around with this WAD, I encountered a strange summoning circle.
bQ3dE4j.gif
In all seriousness, I absolutely love this Tails.
YbDdYxE.gif

Not sure if you're going to have this in its release, but I think it's a neat idea.

I couldn't outright shout that it's x % completed, there are stil quite a lot of frames to do, along with some needing improvements. But considering the work I've done during the past four months, the full thing could come around this summer in its official release there, maybe.

Loving the look of that new spin dash animation however it looks like the tails shrink a little when charging it up, or is that just a perspective thing?

Last edited:
Loving the look of that new spin dash animation however it looks like the tails shrink a little when charging it up, or is that just a perspective thing?

Uuuuh, if you're talking about Demnyx's gif, that's something that he did, not something that Lat' did, so it ain't official.
And, personally, if you ask me, i prefer the tailless spin-charge. =Ь

Uuuuh, if you're talking about Demnyx's gif, that's something that he did, not something that Lat' did, so it ain't official.
And, personally, if you ask me, i prefer the tailless spin-charge. =Ь

Aww that's a shame but it still looks amazing without the tails so I wont sleep over it, it's still a really cool concept tho.

I lowered the tails a bit when you charge the spindash and added a few lines to make the tails waggle faster with the charge and uncommented a few lines. I personally love the spindash with the tails, but it looks wonky from side angles.

The only way to get ahead; is exploit the weak and to burn your dead

Gosh those are some great sprites. Not many people actually get this much done but I think you can probably get all the way through, just keep up the good work.

So-so beautiful. The tails look so beautiful in motion. I hope to see this go places!

Man, we'll be having all of our vanilla SRB2 characters resprited if this ever gets done! Amazing, huh?

C'mon, you remember this thing do you??????

racing metal sonic with the cam in front of me is hard, I swear

ok I just suck at the game ok ok

Sorry, not much for today aside of some side frames and a life icon comparison.

The gif is probably a lil' big, so here's the link;
http://gfycat.com/GivingHeavenlyBillygoat
potato quality.

obviously kilometers' lifeicon >> << this is vanilla, no sarcasm, I swear
...I might start working on the last walking angle this weekend, probably.

I know I'm terrible for even mentioning this but the jumping animation for me just doesn't feel right without the tails animating behind him and rotating with the angle of his jump. it's a minor nitpick and it's way more effort than it's worth, but I had to say it.

Last edited:
this post shall eat your internet too

I know I'm terrible for even mentioning this but the jumping animation for me just doesn't feel right without the tails animating behind him and rotating with the angle of his jump. it's a minor nitpick and it's way more effort than it's worth, but I had to say it.

I never really liked this effect, even in the classics, not only it makes even less sense than the running and flying animations, but I'd seriously have troubles to translate this in 3D considering the amount of other damn tails sprites I'd have to make (Because I've already spent weeks for the 50 tails frames used when you STAND, so I can tell you I got tired of them.) And besides, as you can see, the tails are part of the spinball.

...I thought using another color than pink in another map than GFZ1 would make a good impression????? *shrug*

Either way; I got my lazy ass finishing some stuff for TailsCD, such as the walking animation that took few weeks to be completed! ...As in, about a whole month. This one also shows the other angles of the spinning frames that have been done since a while too, considering the awful look of vanilla Tails's...

CorruptFastAzurevase.gif

And something that's been here since... er... I forgot when I implanted it but whatever, I slightly changed the flight physics and forgot to mention said change in the first post about Kilometers; basically, it works like Sonic 3 now, so you can regain speed while flying if you are not flying up! And, if you haven't noticed already, some sweatdrops spawn above Tails a bit before he gets tired of flying (About 1,5 seconds before), this, of course, is here to help knowing when to cancel some of your weird flying things when you know they're gonna fail.
...And as a cosmetic change, the tails spin faster if you mash your jump button. =P

ConventionalLameBackswimmer.gif

...do i deserve some sleep now ???????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back