• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

chi.miru's project/lua/resource thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be great to see in some vanilla SRB2 build.
Well, 2.2 is going to have slopes in lots (at least one) levels, and if there is OpenGL support for slopes around, why not include that in the vanilla build? I'd say you shouldn't worry about it not going vanilla. I certainly know I'm not going to worry, and I say that as someone who prefers OpenGL over software.

Another update-

Continuing to research how the modification should play out and I am pleased with the result:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21257099/srb2/vid/rr_gp.mp4

srb2ems_rbio-2016-02-10_18-20-07.png

Well holy cow, someone finally made what I've thought analog mode should be like in vanilla all this time. Camera angles that change depending on where you are in the level, and the camera doesn't just instantly and unnaturally snap into place.

Everything in this mod looks so amazingly awesome and I look forward to what happens with it next!

Last edited:
Wow, some amazing footage here! I can't wait to see more of what this will become. Also, are those snake codec calls I spy?

Since the elements have shifted a bit, I changed the main menu to fit that appropriately

Random artwork only shows on option (pictured: off)
srb2ems_rbio-2016-02-20_23-12-19.png

Programming proficiency and artistic acumen go hand in hand whenever chee does a thing :D

How in the holy fudge is this possible?!

You never cease to amaze me, just as I was wondering where this had gone, too!

Woah. That last gif was really smooth.

And if i am correct that, 3rd gif is a 1st person camera pan???.

If thats the case you could make awesome 1st person cutscenes like for a horror level!

I had to come when I saw this bump in here, and as always, this is amazing, chi.
The motion the camera has on the third gif is absolutely amazing, too, keep it up. That last gif also looks pretty nice although it seems a little choppy, but this might just be the recording itself.

I had to come when I saw this bump in here, and as always, this is amazing, chi.
The motion the camera has on the third gif is absolutely amazing, too, keep it up. That last gif also looks pretty nice although it seems a little choppy, but this might just be the recording itself.

I capture at 15FPS so it's lag from the capture software

Holy shit! This is USEFUL.

Bones will never be implemented because it's pointless
Is it? I was actually just thinking to myself not long ago that it'd be super cool if someone could code some means of importing skeletal animations from a 3D application into Doom to simplify the process of creating Robohorse-style objects, maybe through something like IQM. I'd actually call it a necessity for a major project I want to tackle sometime.

With or without bones though, this is groundbreaking stuff. Plz release.

Quick question, are you planning on releasing the Blender animation importer to the public at some point? please do!

Just realized I was potentially being dumb in that I overlooked that this isn't just importing the orientation of a camera in Blender, but actual animation data- in which case, I guess bones kind of are irrelevant if I could just build an animation rig with null objects on the joints, export animation data for each joint, and then assign objects to that data, right?

This is the beeeeeest

EDIT: Just gonna keep getting ahead of myself with shit I don't really understand anyway- how are you handling the data? Is Blender just directly spitting out lumps you can import in SLADE? What does the output look like? How big are these files?

Last edited:
Quick question, are you planning on releasing the Blender animation importer to the public at some point? please do!

Maybe but not any time soon

Just realized I was potentially being dumb in that I overlooked that this isn't just importing the orientation of a camera in Blender, but actual animation data- in which case, I guess bones kind of are irrelevant if I could just build an animation rig with null objects on the joints, export animation data for each joint, and then assign objects to that data, right?

You can do that with multiple objects if you want, but you have to export for every object individually

EDIT: Just gonna keep getting ahead of myself with shit I don't really understand anyway- how are you handling the data? Is Blender just directly spitting out lumps you can import in SLADE? What does the output look like? How big are these files?

It's a python script that exports frame data to a raw format that needs to be run through a data converter for lua to read inside a table, and the data needs to be converted to string since decimals aren't supported for numbers

Wow man, so far ahead of the game. Keep. it. up. Whether or not any your stuff gets finished. We will always appreciate the potential of SRB2 that you have allowed us to witness. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back