• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic 06 Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I'd love it if you like, during the mach speed section you are running around, then jump off a ramp and crash into a train, and you start running INSIDE the train. That'd be badass.

Also, for the level itself, I think you should be going after a lost train, instead of an escaping train.

Thats actually a really great idea, thanks! Will keep it in mind. I think the first part of the level will be a regular stage, not going after a train or anything. I also thought about going on the Train s roof... for the mach speed zone.

I was afraid of using them at first time I read the tutorials provided in the wiki but eventually I got used to them and it gave me variety and more ideas to use for my levels, I Recommend you to take advantage of them for your mach speed sections at least, Would be useful for moving obstacles, But it's up to you if you don't want to use them.

I am happy because you will make mach speed sections. I like them. The controls were bad, but the sections were fun.

If you ever do end up using PolyObjects, remember that they have to stay in the same sector, otherwise you'll run into rendering errors. That's a common beginner mistake a lot of people fall into.

Moving trains would be pretty much impossible. So I think it'd be better if the first act of Radical Train was just a normal level and it ended when you got to the train. Then the second act would be entirely inside the train.

It doesn't have to be inside only, you can do outdoor train stuff as well with conveyor belts and a consistent wind effect to keep up the platforming challenges. At worst you can use silent teleporters to move in between different parts of a train.

As for the mach speed section... You've got me, I don't know if it's possible to do a continuously looping poly object, but what you can try to do is activate the moving trains once via in-level triggers.

You guys can expect trains in the level, but not moving ones. SRB2 isnt really good for that at the moment. I hope I can still make the level fun without them. I have a couple of ideas for it!

UPDATE:

Progress on the levels is great so far. I am halfway done! I still need textures for both Tropical Jungle and Aquatic Base, so if someone has them or know how to get them, please help me out. If I cant find them, I might use other textures and make some of them myself.

I thought about adding Shadow or Silver, but I dont think they will make a big difference in terms of gameplay. Besides, a lot of people like to play as the character they want instead of being forced to play as Sonic or others (Specifically in servers). However, I will test the levels with other characters to make sure they can still complete it. They will need spindash though.

Chaos Emeralds are just like in my Heroes mod, you will need to find an "Emerald switch" that opens the "Emerald door". They can be nearby the Emerald door, or not at all. There might be a few surprises! :)

And now everyone s favorite part, screenshots! I dont want to give too much away, so only 2 screenshots for now:

Flame Core s dark room. Thats right, you go inside the volcano too!
28ktrnt.png

And I forgot to mention that everyone s favorite ball puzzle from the game is also in this mod :P Dont worry, its not as time consuming as the real one. Its pretty easy this time.
301d9mv.png

Is this gonna have a tornado carrying a car ? :) Looks good so far, I Like the Dusty Desert shot.

I am still open to the possibility of adding Shadow and Silver. A vehicle gameplay for Shadow would be pretty neat.

I dont have plans to replace the enemies since I am not that good at doing sprites and I have no idea how to make new enemies at all. If someone wants to help on that, then why not!

There is a Vehicles WAD. You could ask its creator for permission to use it in your mod

Just wanted to stop by and say I'm looking forward to this. I've had a lot of fun with your SADX and Heroes mod. You bring something unique to the SRB2 fan modding community with your projects and approach to level design. Sonic 2006 is one of my favorite guilty pleasures, and I'm hoping this project will salvage some of the potential from the garbage fire that was the original.

Just wanted to stop by and say I'm looking forward to this. I've had a lot of fun with your SADX and Heroes mod. You bring something unique to the SRB2 fan modding community with your projects and approach to level design. Sonic 2006 is one of my favorite guilty pleasures, and I'm hoping this project will salvage some of the potential from the garbage fire that was the original.

Thanks for the comment <3
I really love Sonic 06 so this mod will be a love letter to it. I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :D

Radical Train was such a weird level to make in SRB2, but it is finished! (with a Mach Speed section of course). And I am not that inspired with Tropical Jungle, so progress is kinda slow... but its 30% done so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back