View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011   #9
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
It's not mentioned in the rules topic; it's mentioned in the new voting topic text because I figured it was more important to mention it there, since our OLDC entry rules topic is long enough as it is.
Make a submission and a voting rules topic or something. Makes things easier to have all rules in a stickied topic (or two).

Quote:
We just had a perfect example of why there should be a strict voting deadline. If we had a strict voting deadline in the last contest it would have been unquestionable who won and we wouldn't have needed to wait a month and a half for results. Anyone could have done the math the minute the voting was over and calculated the results. If you want your vote to count, you have TWO FULL WEEKS now to get it in. I really don't see a reason why anyone would need to worry about getting their votes in late.
In retrospect, I should not have included KOTE's votes, but otherwise, I think counting everything before my post was just the right thing. Otherwise, I would have ignored perfectly fine scores and opinion. Sure, it's probably not going to happen with two weeks time, but I'm not quite content with retroactively imposing the new rule. Absolutely nobody would have been hurt if the scores would have been included (except the people who are not winners but wouldn't have been otherwise, but that applies the other way round too).

Quote:
There's also an obvious problem with your plan. If someone votes while people are doing mathematics, does it count? This makes it unquestionable what the accurate and correct results are. This isn't to say people couldn't give reviews and feedback after the deadline, it simply wouldn't count for the purposes of determining the winner of the contest.
The first person to make a tally includes all the votes he saw. If somebody posted in the meantime, tough luck. Then again, that might be prone to manipulation because anybody could do it.

Quote:
This is better than having people voting 3 weeks after the deadline with the written explicit purpose of making me win the match division.
That happened? Well anyway, as I said nobody would be able to vote once somebody has posted the results.

Still, what about the "no netgame" thing? Would you be allowed to grade a map if you didn't get the chance to play it online?