=[SRB2 Star Wars Mod - FINAL RELEASE!!!]=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zck, you're getting defensive over this again. His opinion is HIS opinion. You shouldn't distrust it. 1/10 isn't a harsh rating, even for a first mod.

zck2020 said:
Superusuario said:
I hate when people try to rickroll us.
Good for you.

1/10 is pretty harsh don't you think? I don't trust 4 month old newbies. -_>
Rick Rolling isn't entertaining. So is PMing fake links to people. It doesn't make you any better, funnier, or cooler. It makes you look childish. Simply because SU doesn't like your mod it MUST mean he is a newb, right?
:/

No he's newbie because hes only been here for 4 months. Look, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being an ass about criticism. Criticize away for all I care. It's 1:00am and I'm tired. Bye.

W00t, this was a great mod. I loved the sound track and graphics! I loved R2D2 too. It would add a lot of replay value to the mod if all of the levels were original, but it's not that important, I can just add my favorite map pack to the mix and have a blast! =D
The Darth Vader boss was awesome and very unique, but I was expecting him to be a little taller, lol. :P
Great mod, it's a keeper, despite being large, but that's understandable and its enjoyability most certainly compensates for its size. ;)
10/10!!!
Don't worry about the criticism so much, zck2020. Those were just one out of a hundred opinions, so don't let a spoonful of okra(*barfs*) spoil your dessert, enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Not listening to anyone isn't the best way to handle criticism either zck... Now, I'm downloading it right now so I can't give much criticism, but I can say this: How do you expect this mod to get better if you just run away from negative posts? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and you should try to listen and see if you can do anything to improve your mod from them. Even though the criticism so far hasn't been all that constructive, you yourself have stated that nothing is perfect. So I suggest you strive to work toward just that!

@Dr. Pepper: Even if a few people don't like something, there's no reason to just ignore it. If it's a very low score, there must be a problem somewhere, and it needs fixing.
@Zck: You missed my point. Don't prejudge someone because of their status. A newbie can be as smart as anyone else. I've only been here for twenty-five days, and my opinion is just as important as anyone else's.

Ok, I get it, I'm being a critic sissy. From now on I'll stop reacting the way I have been to criticism.

EDIT: I feel a bit ashamed for saying the newbie stuff, I guess I wasn't thinking straight. Sorry.

Karuno said:
Zck, you're getting defensive over this again. His opinion is HIS opinion. You shouldn't distrust it. 1/10 isn't a harsh rating, even for a first mod.
Yeah...Like in Superusuario's Domain...Or any other level by me...They get lower ratings...1-5/10.
zck2020 said:
1/10 is pretty harsh don't you think? I don't trust 4 month old newbies. -_>
I'm not a newbie...I have been here like 4 months...Newbies have been 1-3 weeks(1-21 Days)In the Message Board/Forums...After that time...They are not...
And it's not...I'm not flaming but...You only replaced things,Made a new boss,Changed the level headers and made 4 new levels.Aslo...You added alot of music and that made the file bigger and alot of custom texture that made it too.
Do you think that that is not awful?It is.It's like that you're a lazy person...(Looks like)

Okay, since this is *so* awful, why don't you tell him what he did wrong, and how he may fix it? Getting angry that he rickrolled you and telling him the NiGHTS game is messed up doesn't help AT ALL. It's a forum joke, lighten up a little. >.>

I said:
You only replaced things,Made a new boss,Changed the level headers and made 4 new levels.Aslo...You added alot of music and that made the file bigger and alot of custom texture that made it too.
How to fix:
The thing replacement isn't funny...It's boring...
If you hit the boss...Probably you can get hit...Boring.
You shouldn't replace the SRB2 headers with that mod ones.
Remove all the custom textures and music...You can make a level without them.
Thats all...Happy?
Kuja said:
Getting angry that he rickrolled you and telling him the NiGHTS game is messed up doesn't help AT ALL. It's a forum joke
I was not agry for the NIGHTS game messed up...And he rickrolled all of us.Oh...And:
The Dark Fox said:
Rick Rolling isn't entertaining. So is PMing fake links to people. It doesn't make you any better, funnier, or cooler. It makes you look childish.
See?

What you guys don't get, is that this is a STAR WARS MOD. You guys want to be too much like sonic. If he make this an exe, and changed all the characters, he would be like that? now would he? THis isn't supposed to be like Sonic guys, deal with it.

Now to DL this in about 5 minutes.

astar said:
1:What you guys don't get, is that this is a STAR WARS MOD. [Not included in Usuario's post]You guys want to be too much like sonic.[/Not included in Usuario's post]2: If he make this an exe, and changed all the characters, he would be like that? now would he?3: THis isn't supposed to be like Sonic guys, deal with it.
1:Astar...We all know that this is a Star Wars Mod but...This doesn't looks like alot to Star Wars.
2:It's impossible to do that...You can't replace SRB2 main characters.
3:Why did he released it here then?This is like doom.Y'Know,SRB2 isn't Doom.
It needs more characters then...

Superusuario said:
The thing replacement isn't funny...It's boring...
If you hit the boss...Probably you can get hit...Boring.
You shouldn't replace the SRB2 headers with that mod ones.
Remove all the custom textures and music...You can make a level without them.
Thats all...Happy?

Not even slightly.

That "fix" still doesn't help one bit. You just complained that the thing replacement is boring. Maybe if I give you an example, you'll see what I'm talking about.

1)Talk about what he could do to make it more like a star wars modification. Talk about places where he could have done a better job to reach this goal.

2)Is there something in this modification that is NOT like star wars, and needs to be changed? Hell, even telling him that he needs more levels would have been a better answer.

3)"This mod could have been more balanced if you gave Sonic more powers, or something. If you SOC an ability for him, I think that this could improve by a lot."

Everything that you listed about the mod were a moot point. Don't replace the headers? Why not? would you prefer a Star Wars themed stage be named "Greenflower Zone"?

Like I said before, this wasn't meant to be a level pack. It's a theme replacement. Just like changing the wallpaper on your desktop.

EDIT: Actually, think whatever. It's your "opinion", after all. :/ Sorry for dragging this through the mud.

Superusuario said:
astar said:
1:What you guys don't get, is that this is a STAR WARS MOD. [Not included in Usuario's post]You guys want to be too much like sonic.[/Not included in Usuario's post]2: If he make this an exe, and changed all the characters, he would be like that? now would he?3: THis isn't supposed to be like Sonic guys, deal with it.
1:A-star...We all know that this is a Star Wars Mod but...This doesn't looks like alot to Star Wars.
2:It's impossible to do that...You can't replace SRB2 main characters.
3:Why did he released it here then?This is like doom.Y'Know,SRB2 isn't Doom.
It needs more characters then...

1. It's really hard to get too close, with out infringing.
2. not true, not true at all.
3. Three responces:
a. ORLY *Shot* It's base off Doom isn't it?
b. Right, like he'd want to make people download SRB2, AND this. Not gonna happen. Not to mention that SRB2 is EASIER to edit.
c. Yeah, the main characters in Star Wars only use guns in Dire situations.

BTW, I really hate it when people get my name wrong. It's A-star. Not Astar. Dang PhPBB character restrictions..

Superusuario said:
It is.It's like that you're a lazy person...(Looks like)

*Looks at Superusuario's domain*
Er, lazy? Are you kidding me? This mod looks like it has a hell of a lot more work put into it than anything you will ever make. All the things you listed to fix would just revert this mod into Captain Bland's Monotonous adventure. You're one to be a critic. All the things of which you have made are less than half decent. Seeing your work made me realize that this mod was great, as compared to the less-than-bad levels that you so quickly strung together. While this modification isn't perfect, I believe that it is better than a lot of things I've seen in a while. 8/10

About the mod, the grass in the GFZ levels look out of place, perhaps you can make a suiting floor texture? Great work by the way...

That'd be great! I'll include it as a separate download. But watch out, this thread has evidently become a war zone. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back