Modern Warfare 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Deactivated profile
The most critically acclaimed game for the XB360 and PS3 is finally open for disscusion!(Or, so i think.....) Bring up anything about the game for discussion, whether it be the campaign, multiplayer, favorite moments, best games, weapons, killstreak rewards, funny ragdolls, glitches, achievements, whatever you want to discuss!

If you want to fight alongside(or against) me, just read the sig.

Ready up, Lets do this.

The most critically unbalanced game that takes fifteen steps backwards for every step forwards it takes in comparison to CoD4. Oh, and its campaign is ridiculous and it has more plot holes than swiss cheese.

In case you can't tell, I really, really hate this game. CoD4 is infinitely better.

Linear corridor shooter, nothing to see here. Personally, I think the entire series after 3 got progressively worse. 4 was still decent though.

Lets see here; CoD:MW2 has:
-An asinine single player campaign
-Boring and redundant missions (iirc some of them are rehashed portions of said single player campaign).
-It's has a pretty terrible online mode.

In shorter terms; MW2 is an overrated mess of a game, there are plenty of better games out there to play. MW1 is a lot better than MW2 is if you ask me.

I can understand that the Op said you can discuss what you want in regards to MW2, but this is just turning into one of those "We all dislike ______*, lets just state how bad it is and be on our way" topics.

I actually liked MW2 a lot better than CoD4. The graphics and gameplay simply felt better IMO, and though the story is completely insane, it was fun to watch that EMP hit Washington and take down all that crap. In short, I had more fun running through these levels than those in CoD4.

OR

Maybe I just like it because I can shotgun snipe like hell in multiplayer. Srsly, killstreak rewards are fun.

I'm with Inu... on the multiplayer part. I wasn't paying attention to the single player story; I think it's just an excuse to go blow shit up.

Guns are easy as hell to use (Compare the M4 from CoD4 to the one in MW2; or use MW2's AK47 - isn't it crap? Surprise! It's the same damn gun that kicks ass in CoD4.), multiplayer maps are too complex for CoD's simple gameplay (sorry, but I don't want to spend half the match looking for something to shoot), killstreaks are horribly, horribly overpowered (spend the match kicking ass, then get something that makes ass kicking even easier.), snipers are useless (the maps, blame them, and also the ACR), akimbo is horribly cheap, OMALOL (grenade launcher, reload, grenade launcher, One Man Army switch back to the same class, MORE GRENADES!), the nuke (it's annoying to have a game end early. It's even more annoying to lose to someone who wasn't going after the objective, or win because someone on your team was nuking)...

Oh, and did I mention the stupid matchmaking that hardly ever works, the lack of dedicated servers, 18 player limit, no choice in maps, and the lack of admin-controlled servers? Hooray for aimbots! And the game cost more than other games on any given platform. And the DLC, too. Hell, it actually costs money on the PC... yeah.

The game got my "Biggest Disappointment of 2009" award. Even more so than Twilight, because I actually knew that was going to be bad.

CoD4 is better. In fact, I don't call MW2 CoD6 or CoD4 MW, because my mind still refuses to believe that they're related in any way.

I've become quite hooked on the game again, actually, the campaign I'm not too fond of, but for a quick shoot around the MP is good, and I like the levelling system. I must say, they need to take a page out of Bungie's book with matchmaking, Halo's matchmaking was pretty good.

But yes, that nuke is annoying. Anything that pisses off both your enemy and your own team is bad news.

Not only that, what about the thousands of hacking hosts out there that set things up so one kill sets you back to level 1 or up to level 70?

This game so many problems that I can't even begin to describe them.

I don't get why they don't just release a multiplayer aspect of the game on Steam for like 20 dollars. As most people skip the campaign altogether and just head online.

犬夜叉;669913 said:
Not only that, what about the thousands of hacking hosts out there that set things up so one kill sets you back to level 1 or up to level 70?

This game so many problems that I can't even begin to describe them.

I don't play the PC version, I wouldn't know. Never seen anything like that on the 360.

I rented it from Gamefly once and gave it a try. Played through Multiplayer for about 20 minutes than sent it back.
Maybe I just don't like FPS's not made by Valve or something I don't know.

犬夜叉;669682 said:
The most critically unbalanced game that takes fifteen steps backwards for every step forwards it takes in comparison to CoD4. Oh, and its campaign is ridiculous and it has more plot holes than swiss cheese.

In case you can't tell, I really, really hate this game. CoD4 is infinitely better.
10charslol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back