• srb20161.png
    srb20161.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 4,751
  • shot0003.png
    shot0003.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 8,400
Last edited:
Wow.

After a lot of months of hard work day and night, you finally finished this amazing Knuckles that manages to trump the old one, which took significantly longer, in absolutely every single way. This pretty much defines what the ideal character wad for the game should be like: actual quality spritework that fits the SSN style down to a tee, looks clean, and isn't an edit from Sonic all the way down to the very last pose. It has animations that instead represent Knuckles' debut game, and some of it's own original ones; the wad actually manages to have it's own identity and character from the blue man.

I don't know how you managed to do it, plus all the extra frames and art that weren't even required, but you went the extra mile to do so. There is no reason for this to not be used over the current Knuckles once 2.1 hits soon™.

Did I mention it actually looks more like Knuckles?

Good Job, this looks better then the current 2.0 Knuckles.

I'm glad you were able to finish Knuckles. No longer will we be playing with either a pre-rendered version, or a Sonic clone. I hope the devs here make the right decision and add your wad to the official roster.

I still remember when you came to the message boards, around 2008 or so. Your sprites meant well, but I had to fix them. And now it's the other way around! Your works of art are admired by all, and I'm so happy to see you succeed in this area.

You now deserve a good 2-month break, while you go live your life. We'll still be here. We are all glad you were able to succeed on your dream of a better Knuckles; something all of us have attempted over the years.

Sweeeeet. The frames on this Knuckles look very smooth. I really like the looks of this wad a lot. The type of spritework that was put forth to make this a S3&K-like Knuckles in the Srb2 style is impressive.

Oh, and the title screen is a nice touch too.

The title screen animation was one of the best touches, personally. I've always had the idea of making one of Hinote, but this takes the cake and runs with it.

I gave this a play, and right next to Hinote, it's easily one of the highest quality characters made for this game, MotorRoach. Most custom characters have at least one glaring flaw somewhere, (Especially with all of my old characters.) but I saw nothing of the sort here.

The animations inspired by S3&K add further character and uniqueness to this Knuckles. I have nothing but praise for it, the coloring is very crisp and consistent with the game's art style. Well done, MotorRoach, and I too hope this makes it into the vanilla game. This is more than a better Knuckles skin, it's Knuckles as we know him.

EXTREME KNUCKLES, THIS KNUCKLES IS ♥♥♥♥ING EXTREME TO THE MAX, THINK KNUCKLES IS CUTE, THINK KNUCKLES IS FRIENDLY? THE ONLY JUMPS THIS KNUCKLES WILL PERFORM IS THROUGH YOUR ♥♥♥ ON THE WAY TO RIP OFF YOUR HEAD!! SEE A WORLD OF HURT WHEN THIS HOLY ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ING EXTREME KNUCKLES HIJACK THE ♥♥♥♥ING DEATH EGG TO PLOW IT AGAINST STRAIGHT INTO THE ♥♥♥♥ING EARTH, WHY? BECAUSE HE IS ♥♥♥♥ING EXTREME, THAT'S WHY, NO ONE IS KNUCKLES-SAFE, TO THE MAX!

Wow. This is so fresh and clean looking, it feels like I just got out of a bath every time I play with it. You're a master, MotorRoach. Who would have thought we'd have an actually red Knuckles after all this time?

Last edited:
What a spectacular work of art. @_@
I think it blows the official spriting out of the water. Not just Knuckles. A character wad that looks like Knuckles. Feels like Knuckles. And is the actual COLOR of Knuckles. ...My god, YES.

Nice work, this is certainly better than the current Knuckles we have.

On that note, this Knuckles is other than an upgrade in sprites not any different from the SRB2 Knuckles, right?

Yep, it's exactly the same as the Knuckles already in SRB2 except with different sprites.

EDIT: On that note, it's amusing how this Knuckles feels so big and heavy, his low jump actually feels very fitting.

Last edited:
fyiz48.png

Prepare your asses, everyone.

I Just had to do this. (This was all rip off of XWE.)

blah1.png

Of all the wads out there Chuckles is probably the best sprite out there. Chuckles looks more modern then anyone else. I just wish Sonic and Tails were like this. You can really see the details in Chuckles. This is way better then your old KTE wad, Good job working on this wad and keep up the good work. You honestly don't need to compare these wads to this work of art.

Last edited:
He's a bit too tall for the shield sprites to cover all of him which kinda bugs me, but I like it otherwise.

He's accurately sized this time around, sounds like SRB2's problem. Though maybe down the road in 2.1, shield graphics can just be scaled slightly for Knuckles.

Anyone who claims old Knux is ugly will be permabanned
loljk that was godawful
10/10 best wad in the world

This is an awesome Knuckles wad. It really feels like a true Knuckles. You should remake Sonic and Tails like this. It's just... Amazing.

11/10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back