Yet Another 2.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then, might as well repost the rest of my post that wasn't relating to GFZ then...
And yeah, I also second the skybox for THZ2 looks a bit strange. I think maybe it's due to how it looks like a city more than a factory. It sort of juxtaposes with the polluted canyon that was traversed in the first act.

Edit: Oh yeah, quick question of the LUA scripting. What kind of functions can we expect to be built in for SRB2 use? For instance finding a specific thing, etc etc. Or will it just use the functions already present within SRB2 itself

Is the new version going to allow bots? I see the Sonic and tails duo thing might be a possibility of bots in Srb2.

Bots are something that I never want to see in srb2 outside of single player mode. Slopes? Now that's an entirely different story.

How many times does it have to be explained that there will be no functioning bots outside of the SP Sonic & Tails option.

How many times does it have to be explained that there will be no functioning bots outside of the SP Sonic & Tails option.

I think Bots will make Srb2 a lot more interesting in many ways. That is why mods like "Jte" or "Srb2cb" became popular. We know that Srb2 can do it, why not implement it?

Bots are something that I never want to see in srb2 outside of single player mode. Slopes? Now that's an entirely different story.

I have to agree with you here. Bots outside of single player will cause cfails, lag and a bunch of other stuff. However, adding like one or two in single player causes no harm. I really do not see the main problem here.

You're contradicting yourself. First you say SRB2 should add bots, then right in the next sentence you're arguing against it. 2.1 already has one bot, the Sonic & Tails option in single player. So I'm not sure what you're asking for.

You're contradicting yourself. First you say SRB2 should add bots, then right in the next sentence you're arguing against it.
Well, he meant that he doesn't want multiplayer bots, but just single player ones.

I never found the point to single player ones, even if they aren't harmful. In multiplayer, some people get really terrible connections and can't play in servers without each action lagging a second or two, but bots can operate on your own computer, thus killing that problem. They can be pretty competent with the player's skill, too. However, there's not really much to do with bots in single player. They just stand around and follow you.

Isn't it already explained in Layman terms? The news post says that it allows very large graphics to be inserted and used in game. I'm not sure how else someone's supposed to explain it.

I guess it's already kinda dumbed down. I don't know. But I'm very curious on how it will be used in SRB2 and other mods.

I'm sorry. I don't quite understand tallpatches. Can I have them in Layman terms?
In 2.0, patches can be 255 pixels high at most. If you want to use an image that's larger than that as a texture (for example, the ACZ sky), you need to split it up into smaller images, import those as patches and then reconstruct the texture out of these patches. 2.1 removes this size limitation, so you can just import the image as one large patch and use it like that.

I don't think it makes any actual difference in terms of what you can do, it's just simpler.

In 2.0, patches can be 255 pixels high at most. If you want to use an image that's larger than that as a texture (for example, the ACZ sky), you need to split it up into smaller images, import those as patches and then reconstruct the texture out of these patches. 2.1 removes this size limitation, so you can just import the image as one large patch and use it like that.

I don't think it makes any actual difference in terms of what you can do, it's just simpler.

Oh, that's righteous! Thanks SpiritCrusher.

It's more important for sprites, personally; you're still better off breaking up large textures into patches, especially if there's a lot of redundant data, because one large unbroken patch can take up an absurd amount of space (like, a few megabytes). Sprites, on the other hand, don't support multiple patches, so the ability to make them extremely large is a real boon.

Looking forward to tall patches so much, came right in handy for my planned 2.1 joke char.

It's more important for sprites, personally; you're still better off breaking up large textures into patches, especially if there's a lot of redundant data, because one large unbroken patch can take up an absurd amount of space (like, a few megabytes). Sprites, on the other hand, don't support multiple patches, so the ability to make them extremely large is a real boon.
And yet I would not be the least bit surprised to see the same scaled-up Black Eggman model with the ugly brown banding on his shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back