• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

Here's yet another weekly update! I know right, it's barely even been a day, huh? But we're just too excited to show off one of our biggest secret features: four player splitscreen!

znOBTWl.png

Together, wolfs, boinciel, Jeck Jims, and I combined efforts just months ago, and after working for about 3-5 business days, we're proud to say that Kart has extensive local multiplayer support! Plug in a few controllers and you can experience multiplayer, complete with built-in simulated connection lag. The game is just as functional in all splitscreen modes as it is in netplay.* (note: players may or may not be able to see or interact with each other like in netplay.)

Stay tuned for when we show off Kart's fifth playable character, Silver!

Geez guys, I thought we all agreed to wait for the big reveal when Silver, Fang, Rosy, and Amy's sprites were finished. We were so close to completing Silver's anti-gravity gimmick too!

I hope everyone's been hoarding up rings, to cover the cost for getting me to make Petroleum Refinery Kart has forced me to increase the gas prices for the fuel the karts use. Whoops.

I haven't actually posted here as myself in a long while, but we have an official YT channel now as release "somewhat" nears. Its still when-its-done as usual, but to put things into perspective we're about at the feature cut-off phase and into the next one.

There's still things to do visually, as I'm sure the other gifs and mentions of Sonic aesthetic replacing Mario entirely showed, maps to iron out heavily (there's over 50 of the damn things), bugs to squash (although cockroaches'll be everywhere on release undoubtedly), and small but other real crucial goals to realize. Tying up the bundle'll still take a while... but its more hopeful than usual for once. Enjoy the progress report!

kart0005.gif

So the last time someone asked about bots was three years ago (and it was me, coincidentally). Is that video a yay for bots or are all of those human players?

Human players. The only SP content that will be in the first release will be Record Attack.

I stayed up all night spriting this fucker and Salt put him in extremely fast
kart0006.gif

The game's red-shell equivalent now.

Pretty sure it's that one shark bot from Hydrocity Zone. In any case, everything is looking great so far, keep it up KK!

If you don't already have an idea/don't plan on replacing him, what if instead of Lakitu, you had Big in the Eggmobile?

If you don't already have an idea/don't plan on replacing him, what if instead of Lakitu, you had Big in the Eggmobile?
IMO that seems a tad ridiculous. Perhaps a repurposed version of the UFO from Sonic CD or Mania.

Just make it Charmy Bee holding the signal light/fishing hook. Or a Flicky would work fine, too.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 1, Guests: 2)

Back