Suggestions

This would most likely not work but maybe bonus levels like in Sonic Unleashed? Like After you beat Act 1 of a stage you could do a bonus stage or two then go to the next act.

Last edited:
To contribute to the sudden stream of posts today:

I think proper skidding (and maybe pushing) sprites would be nice. Also, I think the walking and running animations should play in reverse when moving backwards.

Not much, but it would be a welcome little addition.

I agree, there's no reason for that specific sound to not use the player mobj as origin, it can get really obnoxious especially with added mods that allow it to be repeated multiple times.

Not even in match, since there already is a message warning people of that.

This is a player specific sound and it should only play near the player.

To contribute to the sudden stream of posts today:

I think proper skidding (and maybe pushing) sprites would be nice. Also, I think the walking and running animations should play in reverse when moving backwards.

Not much, but it would be a welcome little addition.

Yeah, I agree with this. Especially backwards animations since it always bothered me that he was animating like he was going forward while running backwards.

Well the forwards and backwards animation stuff is going to be covered with character direction changes similar to analogue movement, but without the analogue movement.

An way to get the object type name using the object number would be nice, there is no way to get the name using the object number currently.

Speaking of Super transformation, I'd really like it if it was triggered by pressing the spin key in midair, as opposed to the jump key. Shields can still prevent Super transformations though, it's just that there have been too many times I've turned Super by accident because I had more than 50 rings.

Speaking of Super transformation, I'd really like it if it was triggered by pressing the spin key in midair, as opposed to the jump key. Shields can still prevent Super transformations though, it's just that there have been too many times I've turned Super by accident because I had more than 50 rings.

Would new players of the game be able to figure out that pressing spin in mid-air turns people super?

Also there's those pesky character abilities that actually use spin in midair for other effects (telekinesis, air drill)... though I don't think anyone cares about those anyway I take it.

Well the forwards and backwards animation stuff is going to be covered with character direction changes similar to analogue movement, but without the analogue movement.
Yeah but DirectionChar is optional so it'd still be worth it to have proper backward-moving animations and stuff for the people who want to keep using the old system.

I figure if you're changing the default settings and it looks weird to you, that's on you. Directionchar is the intended visual setup from now on.

I would go better than playing animations backwards: have the option for altogether separate animations for walking backwards and even sideways (the forward walking animation never made sense for strafing). But that's just me.

Not that it matters when directionchar will be the default in 2.2. Unless it's ringslinger gametypes, I don't remember exactly what we did about it for those.

Directionchar is disabled in ringslinger, but so is the camera so you're not exactly going to see yourself running backwards anyways.

A lot of the character sprites take motion direction into account (e.g. Sonic's shoes, Tails' tails), so having them play backwards might actually look weirder anyway.

When you see Sonic run backwards while looking like he's running forwards, just pretend he's channeling his Michael Jackson influences.

(Trivia: I had a post count of 742 before posting this.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back