SF94-Serv

LJ Sonik

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Description
This is a port of SF94-Serv, a mod made by SonicFreak94, Sik, Penopat and Donnyku, that I was allowed to port and release here.

The mod is split into three files: SF94-Core.pk3, SF94-Maps.wad and SF94-Music.wad.

There are still some features that haven't been ported, but most of it is playable. The aliases like "blood" or "puyomode" haven't been tested yet so they might not be functional.

Variables

• jumpsphere: Enables/disables the jump sphere that appears when you're jumping.
  • respawnitemtimecoop: Sets the number of seconds before rings and ringboxes respawn in Co-op and Single Player.
  • allowresetnpcs: When disabled, only the server and administrator can use the resetnpcs command (enabled by default).

Commands

• resetnpcs: Resets all moving NPCs to their spawnpoint. Intended as a way to minimise resynch failures caused by the NPCs, even though it doesn't seem to help much. By default anyone can use this, however you can disable allowresetnpcs so that only the server/admin can use it.
  • event <type> [parameters]: Triggers the event specified by "name" with the optional specified parameters. "type" can be one of these: "halloween", "christmas" (alias "xmas") or "stop" (to cancel the event). For more information just type "event" without anything else in the console.
Look at this thread for more information about the time/weather control related commands/variables. Consider the timehelp console command if you need a list of variables/commands that you can use.

Archived versions
These archives don't provide SF94-Music.wad because it still remains the same since 3.80 and would multiply by 10 their size.

View attachment SF94-Serv-3.80.rar
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.81.rar
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.82.rar
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.83.rar
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.84.rar
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.85.rar
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.86.rar
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.87.rar
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.88.rar
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.89.rar
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.90.rar
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.91.rar
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.92.rar
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.93.7z
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.94.7z
View attachment SF94-Serv-3.95.7z

Attachments

• srb20035.png
    srb20035.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 5,661
  • srb20036.png
    srb20036.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 5,387
  • srb20037.png
    srb20037.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 4,931
  • SF94-Serv-3.96.7z
    20.2 MB · Views: 2,051
Last edited:
I couldn't help but get giddy when I saw this. GELESPIOUS MOUNTAIN?! I haven't played this stage in about 7 years! I couldn't believe that both Gelespious Mountain, and SF94 was ported over to 2.1. Looking back, Gelespious Mountain wasn't much of a good stage, but it was good for 1.9/Demo's standards...also it's fun.

I ran around the Server Cities, Gelespious Mountain and the Default SRB2 stages with this and I must say; This is a pretty good port. I would make a full-on review, but I'm too lazy and really want to get back to playing this .wad.

First of all, thanks for this pack, really. Been waiting for this to come back.
That said, I've only visited Neon Nights and Green City zone as of now, but I've noticed a few issues already: foxes don't seem to walk around at all (and their color spills all over their sprites), and a few interactive things in Neon Nights don't work, such as the reward for launching the cannonballs in the holes, or the two rooms behind blue doors in the area where the crane is (one was small and bustable, the other opened by the red button on a platform high up, IIRC), or even the crane itself.

Also, if OpenGL support is planned for this, a few more: every object inside the Neon Nights train station is black in OGL, the Weegee signs in front of the restaurant flicker like crazy, and a wall near the area where you find the elemental shield in Green City is completely missing. (And, this is really dumb but made me laugh, the achievement you get for getting to said shield still says "Find a green shield!")

I'm so glad to see this being ported over, this is a pretty decent map to screw around. I only noticed some rather odd bugs overall, most of which I don't recall being in the original mod, and some that were still present in the original levels.

f2H3fei.png

- After using the teleporter in the lobby once, it seems to pretty much just stay closed afterwards.

baofvVo.png

- Some weird sparkle sprites just stay under the item, and still remain after it's gone.

THIoyVy.png

- The empanada trash/eraser/destroyer from the empanada hut doesn't seems to work.

r8YnDLu.png

- The spin effect remains the same size when you resize yourself.

1URPXW6.png

- This was somewhat evident when entering the Out of Order house, and I don't think it even needs to stay there.

HsZcjdy.png

- I don't think the exclamation point needs to stay floating in there after the empanada hut owner NPC is gone.

kc0PV4O.png

- Something needs to be done about this elevator switch, because some times it just crushes you (most likely if you spin). You could just make the button itself not stay solid and it'd fix the issue.

2FWrfdq.png

- Two exclamation points. Is this even intentional?

Also, do you intend updating the mod itself? Because there is a lot of things that I particularly feel that are seriously outdated or had just always been needing an update ever since the original.

- After using the teleporter in the lobby once, it seems to pretty much just stay closed afterwards.

This is by design. The way the lobby switches themes is a hack and would be unnecessarily complicated to revert, thus I restricted use after the first entry.

- Some weird sparkle sprites just stay under the item, and still remain after it's gone.

I'm not sure what's up with this - similar things happen to dropped items. In Speedwagon's gif, you can see that there are green rings that appear on occasion. That shouldn't ever happen; the original behavior can be seen here. It's probably just an error in the porting process.

- The spin effect remains the same size when you resize yourself.

At the time, I don't think there was a way to deal with that, but maybe there's a way it could be done using lua.

- This was somewhat evident when entering the Out of Order house, and I don't think it even needs to stay there.

Originally by design, but admittedly annoying. It probably shouldn't have a texture at all so you can actually see when you walk in.

- I don't think the exclamation point needs to stay floating in there after the empanada hut owner NPC is gone.

Another thing I couldn't deal with cleanly when I originally implemented it. I could have maybe used some weird SOC+Linedef executor shenanigans to remove it, but I decided against it simply because it wasn't particularly flexible. Otherwise, I would have had more missions with NPCs that can leave their location.

- Two exclamation points. Is this even intentional?

Yeah, it was just there to make aligning the ball with the NPC a little easier.

Otherwise, thanks for the report.

Also, do you intend updating the mod itself? Because there is a lot of things that I particularly feel that are seriously outdated or had just always been needing an update ever since the original.

I mentioned this on IRC, but I guess there's no harm repeating it here.

I've totally burned myself out on this thing, and that's part of the reason I didn't port it myself. I was working on automating it, but my SOC porting program wasn't working as nicely as LJ Sonik's solution does now, so I lost interest in developing it a long time ago now.

I won't personally be making any particularly drastic changes, but I'll certainly be fixing things that needed fixing in the original - that elevator button is a great example. Unfinished things will likely remain unfinished by my hand, but if anybody else wants to give "updating" this a shot then they can go right ahead, and I'll be glad to provide guidance. Otherwise, if I get back into serious SRB2 modding, it will likely be something similar but made from scratch.

For any of you with the 2.0 version, the Green Flower Zone hub in the extras folder is where I intend to go if I decide to sit down and start over as I mentioned.

Last edited:
When I asked about the mod possibly getting updated, I was actually referring to LJ Sonik, if he knows how to deal with level editing. But yeah, it's good to hear that you'll at least fix part of the things in this port, although a new casual type of level similar to this done from scratch sounds far more interesting. The level layout in most of this was pretty basic and linear anyway.

Last edited:
When I asked about the mod possibly getting updated, I was actually referring to LJ Sonik, if he knows how to deal with level editing.

I know, I just wanted to be clear that I probably won't be involved with any particularly major changes. Although as it stands now, none of his map editors can save Neon Night without crashing, so he'll probably need to use SRB2DB for that =P

I've tried saving with Slade's map editor and it worked fine, also I'll try the config file Toaster linked. Anyway, mapping is no more a problem technically. But as I'm lazy I don't think I'll make drastic changes.
The 3.80 version isn't the final version though, it'll be updated in a few days (I've fixed a glitch in Green City and fixed the lavender poison, but I can't upload it where I am). I ported some parts to Lua so things like exclamation points and such are no more a problem ;)
So, don't worry for most bugs (concerning OGL, I can't guarantee anything however :/)
Ho also, what do you think of actually losing rings in shops? I may or may not do it depending on your answer (the current system wasn't intended, it was limited by 2.0)

Ho also, what do you think of actually losing rings in shops? I may or may not do it depending on your answer (the current system wasn't intended, it was limited by 2.0)

Don't know about the others, but you have my approval for this idea (it's a Hangout WAD so not having rings should not be an issue).

I released a quick bugfix:
-Color changes in Green City toilets no more affect all players in the maps
-Removed a missing texture in Green City
-Reorganized and renamed the states and objects names for NPCs in the SOC, so Tails NPCs work fine now

Uh, Just wanted to let you know the Gelespious Mountain easter egg isn't working. All buttons had been pushed yet nothing happened

Alright, here is a list of bugs, which probably need to be fixed.

==General==
-The colours of NPCs have changed from 2.0 SF94-Serv to this version, which can be attributed to the player colours being different in 2.0 and 2.1, but as someone with the same abbreviation, i am deeply offended for some reason.
Hedgehogs
Steel Blue
Gold
Red
Brown

Foxes
Steel Blue
Gold
Red
Brown

Echidnas
Steel Blue
Gold
Brown
Green

Female Hedgehogs
Pink
Purple
Steel Blue
Red

==Green City==
-The "Green" shield that is hidden behind a breakable wall? It isn't really that green anymore, it could be changed to "Green City's hidden shield" or "Elemental Shield" in the message that tells you that you found it.

==Neon Night==
Neon Night, oh dear...
-The Bonuses in the Bonus stage(The one in the chao place which you use the Dreamcast to access, because it is a hidden entrance in the wall) don't appear after you get the cannonballs into the 4 cylinders.
-The train to SF94 City doesn't work when all the players are in it, strange, considering the other trains in other cities work just fine.
-The Construction Area is completly broken.
--The Mission where you have to prove an NPC wrong that is standing under a... thing holding a rock is broken, it should activate the switch to drop the "rock", crushing the unfortunate git that is under said rock, but currently, it proves the guy that gives you the mission wrong, as nothing crushes the other guy.
--The button to open the door that releases the giant chao doesn't work, as it doesn't open the door.
--The door next to a corner(arrive at the entrance of the construction zone, Turn left 45 degrees, go ahead, and you are at said corner) of the construction zone doesn't open when you activate the Ultimate Weapon mission.

==SF94 City==
-The mission where you need to get on the top of SF94 City(And probably one other mission) has the Mission Start and Mission Complete fanfare stay on repeat, until you enter the chao building that is. ...Or activate the Weegeepocalypse.

==Miscellaneous==
-The Explosion Rings don't really produce an Explosion with this mod, and as such, i am forced to say that the name is false advertising!
-The THZ Boss uses Pink goop instead of Purple goop, which i can blame the former Blood system for, which uses the same sprite, but uses the colour red, combines with the same reason the NPCs have different colours.

Last edited:
Also, something is wrong with whatever system is used to determine who has thrown a ring, (probably can be remade in Lua now): if you're really close to a player, and looking in their general direction, and fire a ring, the ring will have the OTHER person's color and award THEM points if it hits something, as if thrown by them.

-The colours of NPCs have changed from 2.0 SF94-Serv to this version, which can be attributed to the player colours being different in 2.0 and 2.1, but as someone with the same abbreviation, i am deeply offended for some reason.
I fixed that already, that just isn't released yet. It was due to 2.1 using constants for skin colors unlike 2.0.
-The mission where you need to get on the top of SF94 City(And probably one other mission) has the Mission Start and Mission Complete fanfare stay on repeat, until you enter the chao building that is. ...Or activate the Weegeepocalypse.
I looked for that and it happends to have a strange behavior: it apparently only happends in netgames and I haven't find anything wrong with the linedef executors...

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Fixed the Empanada Hut key sparkles, and even improved them a bit! It'll be in the next release.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back