Sound is scratchy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the problem, I just got my sister's old PC, and obviously I would want SRB2 on it, but after playing, I notice that the music is insanely scratchy (Although the sounds are fine). This isn't the speakers I'm using (Well, headphones :P) because if I go to YouTube, it's fine. Could someone mind helping me out here?

I'm running on Windows 98SE, with Riptide Audio/Modem combo.

(EDIT: Checked my specs, it's fine. Don't tell me to get a new computer.)
(EDIT2: MIDI music works fine, although I've yet to test an mp3.)
(EDIT3: MP3s don't work either ;_;)
(EDIT4: Edits are fun :D. I've tried playing DooM on the source ports 'ZDoom', and 'Chocolate Doom' and the sound there worked fine (Although I think ZDoom automatically went into MIDI for some reason.) Since SRB2 is based upon DooM, I thought that this could be helpful.)

Don't get a new computer, if all other programs work fine then definitely it's a software problem. Also you said SFXs work fine, right? Now that's odd. FMod mixes everything as far as I know, so sounds like a bug there :/

Try updating the drivers?

Find DXDIAG.EXE on your computer, and run it. Go into the Sound tab, and disable Direct3D sound acceleration if possible. Then try again. Lemme know what happens, I'm interested.

Yeah, occasionally SRB2 has a tendency to make the music go staticy at times. Not sure what causes it exactly, most times it fixes it self by waiting it out.

Okay, I don't have access to the computer until the 31st (It's over at my dad's), but I'll try it when I get there.

BUMP FROM THE DEAD >:D

Okay, there's no option to disable the sound thing in dxdiag, and I've messed around with the settings but still no luck. Anything else I need to try?

Before I do that, could I have the MD5 sums for the SFX please? I want to make sure I got a working download.

accel.png

I dunno, it might have something to do with the OGG buffer time, seeing as it only happens with OGG and not standard DOOMWAVEs. Perhaps a way to adjust FMOD's buffering would be helpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back