[Open Assets] Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
O I thought it was without animations because it was t-posed

What you could do then, is take the md2, segregate the coloured parts into meshes, reduce the poly, when it looks like shit simply remap the colours (through the meshes that are made based on the old colours), and boom.

Because my old brak eggman md2 uses a decimated model, that has my own custom animations that I made looking at the original sprites, if you could literally reduce it by 18 vertices, then you could make the original md2 work...that or they could just bump the vert limit up but still lol

Seriously, they should give Srb2 an ultimatum of a HUGE limit for MD2s, so people can just go hit or miss with the framerate instead of hit or miss with the usage of models, players can tweak the game's options to desire for framerate, it's a lot better than not being able to use good models.
It's kinda annoying having to go setting up models just to find out you can't use it cause limits.
I understand other stuff has priority, but come on, instead of us bothering the devs multiple times for more capacity for MD2s, they could just give us an ultimatum with a HUGE limit.

Do you have plans for finishing models like the modern models,sadx models, and Sa2 models

Probably not a possibility, I've lost my fragMotion model files, and I refuse to do frame animations.

The least I can do is set up Blend textures so you can have the modesl in different colors. Sorry man.

Because as you probably know, Sonic Xtreme was supposed to be a canon Sonic Game for the Sega Saturn. That same console Sonic R is available.

Yeah but we were mainly talking about Sonic R, not Sonic Xtreme.

29cce9c6ba.png

Hope you like the model, i salvaged as much of the texture's detail as I could, it happened the same as with Tails; the model exceeded the limits of Srb2, and I was forced to reduce the face count again, but this time, on a much more larger scale.
Miraculously, most of the most detailed parts were saved from being face-reduced, but unfortunatelly, the eyes and the red bangs on shadow's head were totally destroyed by the reduction.
I spent 1 full week re-working Shadow's entire head so it looked decently acceptable in terms of quality.
Hope you like the final result, cause this is as far as I can take this model on looking as best as possible.
This model is ready to be placed into Srb2 and play, I just need to make the animations.

EDIT: Woops, forgot to fix the right ear! Will be sure to fix that for the next screenshot lol.

Last edited:
29cce9c6ba.png

Hope you like the model, i salvaged as much of the texture's detail as I could, it happened the same as with Tails; the model exceeded the limits of Srb2, and I was forced to reduce the face count again, but this time, on a much more larger scale.
Miraculously, most of the most detailed parts were saved from being face-reduced, but unfortunatelly, the eyes and the red bangs on shadow's head were totally destroyed by the reduction.
I spent 1 full week re-working Shadow's entire head so it looked decently acceptable in terms of quality.
Hope you like the final result, cause this is as far as I can take this model on looking as best as possible.
This model is ready to be placed into Srb2 and play, I just need to make the animations.

EDIT: Woops, forgot to fix the right ear! Will be sure to fix that for the next screenshot lol.

Holy crap that looks amazing!
You came back better than ever!

Holy crap that looks amazing!
You came back better than ever!

Thanks man! You don't know just how much frustration I had to go through to get this model done, but I'm really glad you liked it!

Would you all like me to add a Side-Release? Like for example, finishing that Sonic R model I showed a few pages back?

I saw a lot of excitement over Sonic R Saturn models, and while I definetly won't do every Sonic R model RIGHT NOW (Sonic 06 Pack still in progress), I can release the Sonic R Sonic model with finished animations and super animations as a small release apart from the Sonic 06 Pack.

Just quote this message with your opinion on this "Side-Release" and I'll get working to it as soon as I can! (This Side-Release will put the 06 Shadow MD2 on pause, so I can put priority on Sonic R MD2).

Thanks man! You don't know just how much frustration I had to go through to get this model done, but I'm really glad you liked it!

Would you all like me to add a Side-Release? Like for example, finishing that Sonic R model I showed a few pages back?

I saw a lot of excitement over Sonic R Saturn models, and while I definetly won't do every Sonic R model RIGHT NOW (Sonic 06 Pack still in progress), I can release the Sonic R Sonic model with finished animations and super animations as a small release apart from the Sonic 06 Pack.

Just quote this message with your opinion on this "Side-Release" and I'll get working to it as soon as I can! (This Side-Release will put the 06 Shadow MD2 on pause, so I can put priority on Sonic R MD2).

As much as I would LOVE to get the Sonic R MD2s asap, I think it's better that you focus on one project at a time and release things in packs rather than scatter individual models in small side releases. Besides, STHE123O's Sonic '06 mod is coming soon, so continuing to work on the '06 stuff would coincide with that perfectly!

Having said that though, working on one singular project until it's done can get boring quickly, so if you ever feel like you need a break from '06 and that you'd be more productive working on new side-release material, then go for it! Whatever makes pushing quality content out the easiest is what you should go for.

As much as I would LOVE to get the Sonic R MD2s asap, I think it's better that you focus on one project at a time and release things in packs rather than scatter individual models in small side releases. Besides, STHE123O's Sonic '06 mod is coming soon, so continuing to work on the '06 stuff would coincide with that perfectly!

The side releases were just a suggestion, though I understand it may be a bad practice to bring more content faster. Though I would've of wanted a bit more feedback from more people on this suggestion I made, I think I will just focus on one project :)

Having said that though, working on one singular project until it's done can get boring quickly, so if you ever feel like you need a break from '06 and that you'd be more productive working on new side-release material, then go for it! Whatever makes pushing quality content out the easiest is what you should go for.

This is actually true, I've had a lot of stress working on these 06 models, and I still do (having problems with Shadow's model), and I needed some breaks and work on something else, but I think I better save that for smaller projects.

The side releases were just a suggestion, though I understand it may be a bad practice to bring more content faster. Though I would've of wanted a bit more feedback from more people on this suggestion I made, I think I will just focus on one project :)

This is actually true, I've had a lot of stress working on these 06 models, and I still do (having problems with Shadow's model), and I needed some breaks and work on something else, but I think I better save that for smaller projects.
It's up to you dude, I feel like the R models will be nice and easy to get done
also, think of that of something that'll tide people over while they wait for the 06 models :P

If something is frustrating you I 100% advise jumping over to "fun" project for a while. Coming back to the hard stuff with a fresh mindset always helps. I do it all the time.

Yo everyone, first and foremost, I'm sorry about the 2 months of abscence, these months have been pretty rough, but enough of that, you can tell by activity of the now "ghost" thread, I haven't done nothing but work on stuff that is not related to SRB2, I eventually had to retreat of that cause of current laptop technical issues.

But while I wait for a so-needed maintainance trip for my laptop, I'll dedicate to work some more on my MD2's, probably not the new characters, I've had quite a stressful time trying to make them work in SRB2, until it gets one more buff on the MD2 limits.
I'll probably work on the Sonic R models, since I got a few models already set up to animate and export to directly play on SRB2, you may see updates in a few days, really that's all I can do right now.

For a hopefully reediming eyecandy, I'll base the animations on Sonic Mania's freshly new models! I couldn't have played a game as much as I did Sonic Mania, so, all I would have to say right now is.... Stay tuned!

Yo everyone, first and foremost, I'm sorry about the 2 months of abscence, these months have been pretty rough, but enough of that, you can tell by activity of the now "ghost" thread, I haven't done nothing but work on stuff that is not related to SRB2, I eventually had to retreat of that cause of current laptop technical issues.

But while I wait for a so-needed maintainance trip for my laptop, I'll dedicate to work some more on my MD2's, probably not the new characters, I've had quite a stressful time trying to make them work in SRB2, until it gets one more buff on the MD2 limits.
I'll probably work on the Sonic R models, since I got a few models already set up to animate and export to directly play on SRB2, you may see updates in a few days, really that's all I can do right now.

For a hopefully reediming eyecandy, I'll base the animations on Sonic Mania's freshly new models! I couldn't have played a game as much as I did Sonic Mania, so, all I would have to say right now is.... Stay tuned!

Hell yeah!
I can't wait!

"A one on one off one one kinder pocket one monster!" - Fly one glion is that what u were saying GliderTheGliscor

Just wanna say I'm terribly sorry for disappearing, but bigger projects have been taking my whole time away, I will come back once I can release those projects to the public, not too long for that to happen, sorry I couldn't deliver what I promised, I still love Srb2 and I still revisit the game and the forums a bit frequently on my spare time.

So all I can say is just new stuff is coming in the future, maybe in time for when 2.2 releases but the point is I will come back!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back