An SP Ringslinger Gametype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Chao

horns Horns HORNS
This seems like it should be really easy, but despite that it looks like there's no way to do this, not that I would really know since I can't lua for shit beyond editing one line of other people's code.

What I want is really simple - just a way to let the player fire rings in certain maps in my mod without forcing the game to be modified. Basically a gametype that's literally the same as SP, but firing rings is allowed. I tried doing it with this:

Code:
addHook("MobjThinker", function(mo)
      if (maptol != 143) return end
      COM_BufInsertText(mo.player, 'ringslinger on')
end, MT_PLAYER)
Which, as expected, just prints "You haven't earned this yet." in the console infinitely on maps with the "Custom" gametype. Before this I tried doing it with a console script which had the same result. Is there a way around this without modifying the game? Every option I DO come up with does that and it's like there's nothing I can do...

Why not consider having the player shoot an object with BT_ATTACK (Ring Toss) in your custom level/gametype without the need to enable ringslinger instead of using that. I can make a quick script to help you out... once I get some damn rest ~_~

That's exactly what I did and thanks to the rest of the Kart Krew my problem's been solved, but thanks a lot for the offer.
You can look forward to seeing some cool stuff in Chaotic Earth's next version though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back