Name your first game!

For me... The first game i played was:

Sonic Robo Blast 2 version 1.09.4!!!

Well, that's my really first game... And it was happened on late Ramadhan 1433H, almost 3 years ago (August 10, 2012-By one night, some hours after i 'break the fast') when i searched for a Sonic 3D game in the Internet. Where i eventually found SRB2 on my favourite downloading website, Softonic! Then, it eventually completed on the next day & i finally played it 4 the first time on August 12 (a week before Eid Mubarak, where it's also my 6th elder sister's 23rd birthday that time)! And it's really fun! Although it is diffcult on my early tries... But, after i tried again! I can finish the walkthrough in no time!!!

And now, i have downloaded the SRB2 v2.1 & it really ROCKS!!! Salute SRB2!

First game played: Super Mario Bros on NES, or possibly The Legend of Zelda on NES.

Super Mario Bros was probably also the first game I actually beat.

My dad would play The Legend of Zelda in my and my brother's bedroom when we were supposed to be sleeping, and Mom would fuss at him for it. :)

While the NES games were technically Dad's, my parents bought a Sega Genesis for me and my brother. In a sense, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles could be considered the first game I owned. It certainly had the most impact on my imagination of all the games I played as a child, with The Legend of Zelda (NES), Fantasy Zone (NES), and Link's Awakening DX (GBC) following up.

Some of you guys make me feel old with your gamecube-era first games.

My first game played was Sonic 2 & Knuckles with a few other awesome games like Beyond Oasis. The first game I owned was either SA1 or SA2 on the Dreamcast (my family has been through far too many copies), or Sonic Heroes. PS2 version unfortunately, but I still enjoyed it. Got the PC and GC versions later.

I remember the first game I played was Tie Fighter, although tiny jood had no idea what he was doing with a flight simulator.

The first game I played and actually comprehended was Super Mario World.

I ...can't actually remember what the first game I ever played was! But I have some possible guesses:

* Any one of hundreds of old arcade games (at least, by the time of the early 2000s, anyway). Much of my own and my brother's early childhoods were spent playing these on the arcade game emulator known as MAME (not that it mattered to us that it was an emulator, we loved it!). No point trying to figure out what game I played first of these exactly, that's completely lost to time by now.

* DX-Ball and/or DX-Ball 2: probably some of the best Breakout/Arkanoid ripoffs ever made. Me and my brother also played these games to death back in the day. Both games allow for creating custom levels, and DX-Ball 2 even comes with a wacky 90s-style soundtrack, which I only just rediscovered recently as it happens.

First game I've legitimately owned (freeware games aside) ...Pokémon SoulSilver? Because me and my brother liked the Pokémon games we had already played through roms and whatever, when we heard HG/SS were coming out, we both decided to actually buy the games for once. ...and it was totally worth it thankfully!

But yeah, much of my own video gaming experience has either been freeware, pirated or emulated. Slightly shameful, but there we go.

Last edited:
The first games in my memory are either the classic Spyro trilogy for the PS1 or Sonic Adventure for the Sega Dreamcast. I was introduced to the Genesis over time and I've enjoyed playing Sonic ever since (although not so much recently with the latest titles).

First played and owned was Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. My parents wanted to reward me for learning how to read, (Can't play if you can't read. =P) so they went to a Flea Market and bought it. Took me years to figure out Link's name, and realize the guy on the screen was Link, and not a mouse dressed up like him trying to save a princess mouse.

God I used to say the darndest things. Then again, it's fun seeing how little kids and toddlers see games. I let a girl at church play Sonic Advance 1 on my SP once, and she wanted to play as the "Pink Sonic", and one of the boys called Knuckles a Red Sonic.

I'd still have that SNES game too if it weren't for life being a dick at one point, although emulating it on my DS works until I can buy my own SNES, and the game itself again.

Sonic Adventure 2 was the first game I ever owned and played.

My second game was Super Smash Bros. Melee.
I had an awesome childhood. B)

Smash Bros. Melee is still a load of fun. *high five* If I also had my old copy of Melee, I'd have probably clocked 2000+ hours on it by now. (Had 1000-something hours in 2009.) Rocked the world as Peach, and even beat Challenge 52 as her multiple times.

Serious gotta buy that again too.

My dad had a Genesis when I was very young. He played Sonic 1, and whenever Robotnik would show up I would cry, occasionally peeing. If that counts as playing, then Sonic 1 it is.

Jesus man! Why were you so scared of Eggman?

First thing I ever played was funnily enough, IIRC, Sonic 3D Blast on the PC. That's the game that comes to mind when I think waaaaay back, because back then I'm sure I remember doing random shit on MS Paint as well when I was really young.

First game I actually legitimately owned, though... I think it was Sonic Adventure. And that remained as my personal favourite Sonic game for years to come.

Donkey Kong. Arcade cabinet version at a pizzeria. I don't remember, but my mom does.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2, when I was just a Morx my older brother would always bring me to his room and have me play multiplayer with him.

Mine was Spyro the Dragon and various other games for Play Station that I don't remember.

Later was Pokémon Blue for Game Boy consoles.

First Game to play: Rayman 1 on PS1 but it was played on ps2
First game to own: Sonic Heroes (PS2)
First Console To own (if i can type it here):Gamecube (because Ps2 was my big brother's)

First Owned - Sonic and Knuckles Collection

First Played - Sonic and Knuckles Collection

Last edited:
Either Namco Museum or Sonic Heroes, those being my first PS2 games. Still love playing them both.

Same here :V
Well, those are the first ones I remember playing. First game I ever owned was New super Mario bros (DS), but I'll say Little big planet because I love that game so much.

My first game I owned was either The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition or Luigi's Mansion on GameCube. The first game I played was Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back on PSX, or The Legend of Zelda (Through Collector's Edition). Looking back, I had some great times with my Uncle playing Zelda together, Luigi's Mansion scared me me a bit, but just enough to keep playing, and Crash was one long, hard adventure, which I never beat (100% anyway, because I still beat the [pitiful] final boss, but never found the true ending).

First game I played was definitely Sonic The Hedgehog for the Megadrive (Genesis) when I was only 3 years old at the time, and did surprisingly well considering that age too. Sonic 1 was originally my mum's at the time.

The first game I owned however was Quackshot: Starring Donald Duck. It was a 5th birthday present and I cherish the cartridge and the game since. Would love to see a remake of it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back