SRB2 v2.0 is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if Torrent is the only way to go, screw 2.0. I'm not getting any Torrent of sorts. It'd be nice if someone coudl get the Torrent files and upload them for people not using uTorrent.

You share the file as long as you tell the Bittorent Client to do so... I don't see what's wrong ? Other users help you download the file, you can help them in return with sharing parts of the file you already have.

It's not like it's going to share your entire hard drive...

Violo said:
Well if Torrent is the only way to go, screw 2.0. I'm not getting any Torrent of sorts. It'd be nice if someone coudl get the Torrent files and upload them for people not using uTorrent.

Note the 4 non-torrent mirrors on the main site....unless those are still 1094...

IMO the new knuckles sprites aren't that great. Hes too skinny.

And this is odd...I prefer Chrispys/Original Knuckles. O_o

You people are just buying far too much into the negative stigma of torrenting, honestly. Yes, you can pirate illegal files with it - but there are also legal torrents. This is one of them.

Also, glaber, we asked you why you hate torrents, and you respond with "I hate torrents". Could you supply an actual reason...? Just for curiosity's sake.

Violo said:

Can you and Glaber explain exactly what you hate about them? Right now, even if we had HTTP downloads, the speed will you get on the torrents is excellent. We will have HTTP downloads later so the server doesn't die.

You are going to have to deal with it for now.

Autosaver said:
IMO the new knuckles sprites aren't that great. Hes too skinny.

And this is odd...I prefer Chrispys/Original Knuckles. O_o

The irony in this sentence is SICKENING.

I'm not seeding for nothing, you jackasses. If you want 2.0, just get uTorrent and get it. If you hate torrents that much, you can just uninstall uTorrent when you're done. I'm giving you my heart and soul (see: internet connection) and you're doing nothing with it.

Rob said:
shado said:
...Are you kidding me?
I have to start at the beginning of DSZ if I die in the boss fight?
Really?
No, only if you hit game over with no continues left.
Which is exactly what I did. *sigh* Ah well, I just got there again, and hats off to AJ for putting the 1-Up near the end of DSZ2 in a place where, if you don't know it's there, you pass it and think, "Damn, I could've gotten that", and the second time around, you're ready for it and get it easily.
(Could've isn't in Firefox's dictionary? *clicks "Add to Dictionary")

Sonict said:
Violo said:

Can you and Glaber explain exactly what you hate about them? Right now, even if we had HTTP downloads, the speed will you get on the torrents is excellent. We will have HTTP downloads later so the server doesn't die.

You are going to have to deal with it for now.

I guess it's the mass illegal part of it I dislike. Never tried it myself. (doesn't matter, found a mirror on WadBase anyway if this doesn't work)
Also, in the manual, the grass texture in GFZ and THZ looks pretty damn wierd. Is it that scaled down version from the previous versions?

glaber said:
And why should I become one of those seeds? If I want someone to download a file from me I use Mediafire.

I'll wait for saturatedfat's fixed link.
...Seriously? You can stop a torrent at any given point. You don't HAVE to seed. Also, the whole POINT of the torrent is to not have to do what you're trying to do. We want to SAVE bandwidth, not be forced to use more.

Why do you hate torrents so much? :/

Torrents CAN be used for legal things believe it or not. Many Linux distributions use torrents because they are faster, and do not kill their web host. We do have 4 http mirrors up, but I would highly suggest the torrent because it will be much faster. P2P wasn't made with illegal intent. This torrent is perfectly legal. :/

Keep waiting, somethings still wrong but I'm about to fix it... hang tight guys(I didn't realize the ftp server was so picky on space limitation) in the meantime you could use the torrent, or wait 5 minutes.

Yes. Bit-torrent was designed for stuff exactly like this. It isn't illegal at all. Also, many games such as WOW use the bit-torrent protocal too.

Simply put. I've been raised not to trust torrents before even using them. I heard they could be used to spread viruses and since you are downloading from multiple sources at once (I believe this is what seeding is) the chances for a virus increase. You don't always know if you have a virus form a site you visited or if it's programed to attach itself to a torrent stream or what ever the proper term is.

I rather risk downloading from one source at a time and have to wait over night than take a huge risk for getting something faster from multiple sources at once.

Pirating has nothing to do with my dislike of torrents as it can be done with normal links too.

Violo said:
What's the point of uTorrent if you have a good download accelerator?
Well it doesn't need the file to be stored on a website, as long as at least user has a complete file and "seeds" it.

A download accelerator actually makes several connections to a single website.

glaber said:
Simply put. I've been raised not to trust torrents before even using them. I heard they could be used to spread viruses and since you are downloading from multiple sources at once (I believe this is what seeding is) the chances for a virus increase. You don't always know if you have a virus form a site you visited or if it's programed to attach itself to a torrent stream or what ever the proper term is.

I rather risk downloading from one source at a time and have to wait over night than take a huge risk for getting something faster from multiple sources at once.

Pirating has nothing to do with my dislike of torrents as it can be done with normal links too.

You're wrong. That's not the case.
Viruses can be spread by any given means. Torrents or normal downloads. Using a torrent does not increase that risk.

And there's a built-in method to prevent people from uploading fake files to you. And it's fool-proof. It checks the entire file every time you get a piece of it from the torrent. If what you downloaded off a computer doesn't exactly match up to what the torrent says the file is, then it is immediately discarded. The only danger is if the file you are downloading has a virus in the first place. Which, y'know, is JUST AS LIKELY to happen to a so-called "regular" download. What you're claiming is basically an urban myth of the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back