Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have entered Jadeflower 1 into the contest. No screenies yet, expect some though. Soon.

EDIT: Hold, I just noticed a thok barrier glitch, don't compile that pack yet, FuriousFox. Fixing...

Last edited:
srb20261.png

Very unfinished, and may not be done in time, but whatever. Also, that red Crawla just loves to face the wrong way. Seriously. I may add a custom sky, if I can get my custom skys to not have a white line undernath them. Anyone know how to fix that?

srb20258.png

The map's name is Bleeding Green, and GOD I hate the acid flat. I have one that matches AFALL better, but I can't use it in the OLDC, so it'll be used for the updated rerelease. And unlike Acid (now Hazard) Comet, the acid is not also ring drain. To be honest, I don't think this'll win, but I would like feedback.

Last edited:
...Here's a preview of my extremely unfinished CTF level, Great Sandpit Zone.

srb20052.png

As you can see, it's a desert, but not entirely a desert. There's grass and stuff, and the flags are carefully nestled within these enormous palaces.

But not too enormous, so the player doesn't get frustrated.

Seriously. I may add a custom sky, if I can get my custom skys to not have a white line undernath them. Anyone know how to fix that?
I'm assuming that you're using a sky that has a patch with a height of 256 instead of 255? The maximum height for a patch is 255 pixels, not 256.

You might be able to fix that with using 2 patches for your sky at 128 pixels height for each patch.

Or if you want to keep it 256x256, modify the texture in the TEXTURE1/2 or whatever you use. Just add a duplicate of the patch, and set the Ypos to 255.
edit: Er, the patch still has to be 256x255, but in the texture file you can make it 256x256 and do what I said above, then it fixes the weird lines.

Last edited:
My level won't be ready for this contest, mostly because I've temporarily lost my inspiration, and also realized that I've been sacrificing gameplay for good looks.

There's also the fact that I've got a working XSI Mod Tool now and some basic tutorials on rigging playermodels for Source.

I cancelled my level because I had to cancel it. Here is a list of various reasons why you should care about a level you never got to play:

•  

Lemme tell ya, I'm not entering anything. It's impossible at the moment. 1. I don't have time. 2. I have no working map editor.

My level won't be ready for this contest, mostly because I've temporarily lost my inspiration, and also realized that I've been sacrificing gameplay for good looks.

There's also the fact that I've got a working XSI Mod Tool now and some basic tutorials on rigging playermodels for Source.

Gmod, Or something else Source related? Either way it's a good way to get distracted from SRB2

Bbop800 said:
Something tells me this contest won't have a lot of entries...

You'll never know until the contest has started...

Also, I'm not going to enter Dual Falls, because it's way too large for CTF. Instead, I'm going to enter another map, Abandoned Disco. It's also a CTF map, but it's way smaller than all my other maps.

I was inspired to make this map when I saw the Disco Palace wad in the Editing section, and I've had the idea to make a disco map for a while now.

Screenshots: (they're outdated, but I'm too lazy to update them)
Looking into the blue base
Looking down at the lower paths from the upper path
The central area
The Auto panel location, and also a corner of the blue base
The upper path, while facing at a pillar
Better view of the lower central area

Quicksand Night Zone, for race/circuit has been entered into the contest.

The ruins in this desert are filled with quicksand and other challenges, including death pits.

These floating platforms don't look too deadly, but some of them threaten to plunge right into death pits! :D
http://img687.imageshack.us/i/srb20017.png/
http://img694.imageshack.us/i/srb20019.png/

A view of the inside of the ruins
http://img196.imageshack.us/i/srb20018n.png/

After one lap is almost over, the sand starts to fill up!
http://img694.imageshack.us/i/srb20021.png/

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, ANOTHER thing with Arid in it's name? Why does everyone and their mother name their Dry levels Arid? I know "Arid" basically means "dry place with little to no water", but come on, the term loses all uniqueness if eVERYONE names their desert/canyon levels Arid. Arid Canyon, Arid Desert, Arid Jungle, and now Arid Night, and probably a few others I missed. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back