SRB2 Riders 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storm the Albatross was never completely made for any version of SRB2 Riders. Sadly, it's going to stay that way since no one- not even myself, would have the patience and time to make him. But if anyone has a complete Sprite Sheet for him to be used in SRB2, I'd say we'd have a decent start.

2ho8di1.png
Is this enough? Something does look funny about him though...

Yeah, a sprite sheet is something that looks like this:
It's a post below this
It's something that displays each frame that can be inserted into the game it's made for. But meh, there are a pair of sprites used for Storm to be used in SRB2, but it's only three sprites and has never been completed past it.

Here they are:
STORMA12.PNG
STORMA2A8.PNG
STORMA3A7.PNG

Last edited:
First of all... Duon, you really could've used a better sample of a sprite sheet.

Second of all, here's a prime sample of a SRB2 sprite sheet:

VQ6hBmL.png

Thirdly, I made those three sprites back in 2008 (read: back in 1.09.4 days), and it was quickly agreed back then they looked awful. And they still do! (front one had some promise though; the rest... eeeeeeeeeh)

holy hell how did I miss this

EMERGENCY Patch 2.52.5.1

Fixed a bug where you wouldn't be on foot in footracing stages.

Switched Babylon Garden to it's laggy 2.0 version due to unknown crashing in the latest version.

Fixed a bug where the level type Icon didn't show

Minor level adjustments

Yes, I am absolutely sure. Whoever made that playable Storm character in the video you linked must have sprited the rest themselves (or made edits of my sprites).

...seeing that video actually makes me dislike my old sprites even more now lol.

This update is partially pointless, but there are some important features I do want to introduce in the future. (Translation: Please help me I can't script for shit)

ENTER Patch 2.52.6 The Verification Update

Introducing a new checkpoint system from old!
1ywRgcE.gif

Omochao now lets you know when Metal Sonic/Jet/Eggman(Rival) Speed up

Slight level updates and script optimizations

Next Update: 2.53 (The Airboard Update)

Featuring Old Riders turning (giving the drift a use!)

also a riders server is hosted within the first hour of the update's release, if there are any files that aren't up to date, please let me know asap

Last edited:
Hoo boy... um, since I just got this request... If anyone wants to submit an Airboard type of level, you can PM me for help on setting up the map for submissions. If you are trying to submit a Foot Racing map to the mod, DON'T. Put it in submissions as a normal racing map. Do NOT use this mod as a way to get past submissions, if it's been rejected, do not approach me with your rejected map.

Also. I'll be creating a secondary .rar file (in either this one or the levels addon) to give you the airboard related tools and a MAINCFG I use as a reference for making maps. (Or should I put this in Editing Help? Admins, whaddaya say?)

also sorry for the double post.

Alright, for anyone that wants to mod their own riders map, ridersmaincfg.rar has been added. Open the wad in a Wad editor and follow the guide provided.

Hoo boy... um, since I just got this request... If anyone wants to submit an Airboard type of level, you can PM me for help on setting up the map for submissions. If you are trying to submit a Foot Racing map to the mod, DON'T. Put it in submissions as a normal racing map. Do NOT use this mod as a way to get past submissions, if it's been rejected, do not approach me with your rejected map.

Also. I'll be creating a secondary .rar file (in either this one or the levels addon) to give you the airboard related tools and a MAINCFG I use as a reference for making maps. (Or should I put this in Editing Help? Admins, whaddaya say?)

also sorry for the double post.
Your post mentions that foot races will have to go through the normal system of submissions in the MB, but does that mean the Riders race maps will be judged by you and put here, or are you asking people to submit them as rider dependent addons, and thus just go through the normal submission system on the MB? This could also work I would think, given releases such as Team Pony have recently come out, being dependent of a mod, but still being submitted regularly.

Any and every map for the Riders Mod must go through submissions as per usual. They have to be judged after all, and I am not even close to being one, so yeah, everything MUST go through submissions.

I keep trying to play the game with the launcher, but it won't work.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at SRB2Riders_Launcher.Form1.button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18063 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SRB2Riders Launcher
Assembly Version: 1.0.6.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.6.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nothing/Downloads/Vidya%20gaming/Sonic%20The%20Hedgehog/SRB2/SRB2%20RIDERS/SRB2Riders%20Launcher.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34270 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18060 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

I keep trying to play the game with the launcher, but it won't work.

<insert long bug report here>
Could you please give information on how you reproduced this error? "I keep trying to play the game with the launcher, but it won't work" isn't very specific, are you clicking play? Is the launcher not opening? What settings did you change?
I can't help until I know exactly what is happening. Try deleting the "riderslaunchercfg.xml" file in your srb2 directory and then re-opening the launcher.
Thanks

EDIT: It says there is a file missing. Are you putting this in the folder with all of your srb2 binaries? (srb2win, srb2.srb, characters, music) as well as including all files required for srb2riders to run?

EDIT2: If you are trying to use DirectDraw, try switching to SDL (srb2win) because DirectDraw is not supported, so the game might be looking for a missing srb2dd.exe, but I will not push a new launcher release with the DirectDraw option removed until the solution to this problem is found.

EDIT3: If the solution is not found in the next few days I'll push an update which adds more problem diagnosis features (like specific error messages for each step that fails). Also I am lead to believe that it is the executable that is not found, as "button3" is the game launch button, as well as the fact it's not SRB2 complaining about a missing file.

EDIT4: I've decided that it's definitely a case of the launcher not finding the exe file. Make sure you're not trying to use srb2dd and make sure the launcher is in the same directory as the game itself. If you want the launcher on the desktop create a shortcut.
Kind regards.

Last edited:
None of the characters have the board with them when I'm trying to play. Do I need to enable the boards or something because right now all I can do is run.

This mod is only compatible with race mode, it won't work unless you use the multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back