Killing Sprees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sryder

'That brit'
Kart Krew™️
What's that? You went on a murderous rampage and there was absolutely no excitement? Unforgivable!

With this wad, 3 kills without death puts you on a killing spree and gives you a nice theme while letting everyone know you kick ass.
There is also extra messages for more kills without death and even a team spree for when your team gets enough kills with none of you dying in the team gametypes.

I hope this will sate everyone's love of shooting normally innocent projectiles at each other to kill people.
I also hope it will encourage more killing in the gametypes, although I don't imagine too many people will see the sprees.

Finally, if anyone has a suggestion for better music to use, I'm all ears, since I don't particularly like what I'm currently using.

• Custom Characters can set their own custom killing spree music, instructions below
  • Fixed the placement of the character icons in the HUD
  • Hitting someone into a pit or death before they can recover counts as your kill, but you don't get extra points for it.
  • Redone the cechos into a custom HUD system, they scroll up along the screen in the order they happened. (Hopefully this makes them block less of the screen)
  • Sounds happen in order of the messages reaching the top of the screen.
  • Added sounds and messages for when you are killed, an enemy is killed, an ally is killed, and when you kill an enemy.
Here's a quick example of what the new system looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/NZkUuH8.gifv

Here's an example of how a custom character would implement killing spree music. Add a lua file into the wad with the following in it. Replace "skinname" with the name of the skin, and "KSTEMP" with the name of the music file you want it to play.
Code:
local function SetKillingSpreeMusic(mobj)
	if (not mobj.player) // Only do any of this if the mobj is actually a player
		return false
	end

if (mobj.skin == "skinname") // Check for the correct skin
		mobj.player.KillingSprees_music = "KSTEMP" // set the killing spree music for the player
		// player.KillingSprees_music *should* be nil here.
		// If it is not then another character WAD is already setting it for this skin name
		// It is up to you whether you want to replace what it is setting (assuming your WAD is added afterwards)
		// or leave it alone and keep their music name choice
	end
end

addHook("MobjThinker", SetKillingSpreeMusic, MT_PLAYER)

All the voices are from Awesomenauts, and so belong to Ronimo and SonicPicnic and whoever made them.

Attachments

• KillingSpree.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 651
  • KillingSpree.png
    KillingSpree.png
    100 KB · Views: 1,016
Last edited:
Holy shit this has been sitting here this whole time unreleased? Somehow I didn't realize another judge had to release a judge's thing, even though I now remember somewhat of a conversation on it.

...testing...

I've just updated this zip with a hopeful fix for a problem katsy has just reported to me. Although I couldn't actually replicate the error so I'm not sure.

Oh nice. If she did it, that means I don't have to do it myself! I was just about to show you that error, lol.

This seems fine then. Released!

I should add that this made me remember how unbelievably corny Sonic's theme in Adventure 2 is

This is a great way to keep Srb2 entertaining for Match/CTF. But the only flaw about this is when the player get's a killing spree, the csay (Text on screen) can ruin your aiming. If the csay was a little lower it would be better for more accuracy for aiming. But other then that It's very good.

Last edited:
Its a Csay message that pops up ALONG with a sound, and a song will be playing as well, although I wonder where the music comes from....?

i Opened the wad using Slade,i saw the Music Lumps there :
O_MAPY0M
O_MAPY1M
O_MAPY2M
O_MAPYYM
O_MAPYZM
Each one should work with it's Map ... but none of SRB2 Maps ...

i Opened the wad using Slade,i saw the Music Lumps there :
O_MAPY0M
O_MAPY1M
O_MAPY2M
O_MAPYYM
O_MAPYZM
Each one should work with it's Map ... but none of SRB2 Maps ...
Um... Those MapNumbers are Placeholders, they would play constantly if on a mapY0, but the lua allows it to play specifically on any map in match.

Well, that's pretty awesome. Reminds me of Sonic Battle where 3 kills makes your character say a catchphrase, thus making sprees more rewarding. I haven't tried it but I already like the concept.

I will like League Of Legends sounds instead unreal tornament sound because my brother always play LoL and I i'm always watching how he plays it...

What?... League of Legends has nothing to do in Sonic Robo Blast 2. Well, I just think the League of Legends sound effects do not fit here.

However, I like the AxiomAerofox purpose.

What ever happened to the killing spree sounds for SRB2 Live? If those still exist on some hard drive somewhere they could work really well for something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back