• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

Thought that was a random pick like a gamble option.... guess not
Well, if it's a pre-determined map that's not any of the other vote options, what practical difference even is there between that and an actual randomly chosen map? It's pre-determined, yes, but as far as I understand it, it gets pre-determined randomly, and you don't know what it is until it's chosen, so until it gets picked, it's in essence a random map. (Again, this is only just as far as I understand it, and I may be wrong.)

We don't have cc anymore, we use difficulty names instead (Relaxed = somewhere between 50cc & 100cc, Standard = similar speed to 2.0 Kart, Turbo = somewhere between 150cc & 200cc)

Turbo was previously called 150cc, but it's definitely harder than 150cc in Mario Kart games (the modern ones, at least), so we decided to just call them something else

Hours of tedious tinkering pays of for TehRealSalt in what is probably the first sloped spiral seen in SRB2 (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Spiral.gif

Nothing's impossible if you spend hours tediously messing around!

Hey, that spiral looks great! Also, is that Speed Shoes I see? Is this going to evolve into converting all the items to be Sonic-themed?

I meeeeeeeean slptst2.wad had one set up in a side room to demonstrate a setup for it, but it's still tedious as fuck to build and probably hasn't made it to any released maps yet so it's cool to see

Hours of tedious tinkering pays of for TehRealSalt in what is probably the first sloped spiral seen in SRB2 (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Spiral.gif

Nothing's impossible if you spend hours tediously messing around!

I tried a while ago... but that was when I still knew nothing about using slopes. Nice to actually see this, though.

Considering the separate speed modes, could we get some comparison gifs of each mode?

I want to see how fast turbo is in comparison to standard.

Considering the separate speed modes, could we get some comparison gifs of each mode?

I want to see how fast turbo is in comparison to standard.

Gifs won't give you the details you need for a good comparison. You'll be better off waiting until we have time to stream the game again.

Spiral != 90-degree turn

(also we know all about AAZ1 since Sev's on our team and made AAZK :p)

Sal's slopes are less hacky than mine anyway, so she wins by default for actually making them correctly.

Last week had a small bit of Sonic items in it, but I never specifically mentioned its existence.

This week we're checking out Iceman & TehRealSalt's latest collaberation:
srb200269d9b79fb81576c37.gif

Last edited:
Well, well. Now we have Invincibility to go with the Speed Shoes. I can already hear the Invincibility theme from Sonic Drift playing in my mind (or maybe even the Invincibility theme from Lost World 3DS).

Liking the Rainbow effect. Makes it feel special.

I just read this entire thread page by page. This is a very, very impressive project. Keep it up, guys!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back