[Open Assets] Leech.soc (Custom Ability)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klinx the Weasel

a.k.a Luna
This is just a custom ability I made but don't have a character to use it with so I thought I'd put it out there for anyone else to use.

It's called 'leech' but 'attract' might be a better name for it. It's a thok type ability that lets you pause and attract rings, basically just giving you a temporary attract shield. It doesn't work underwater for obvious reasons.

So far one of the most handy uses I've found is picking up your dropped rings quickly. I'd also imagine you could use it to steal your opponent's rings in match.

I put it with a homing attack in the example wad since it had an interesting effect in my opinion but you can experiment with it.

EDIT: Example wad works in single player now.

Attachments

• srb20016.png
    srb20016.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,038
  • leech.zip
    144.8 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:
Your example wad doesn't seem to be working, when I test it I find the ability is just the normal Sonic thok.

Your example wad doesn't seem to be working, when I test it I find the ability is just the normal Sonic thok.
I did some investigating and apparently the example doesn't work in single player mode, probably because I didn't bother to change the skin name. If you test it in an unadvertised netgame it'll work, but I should probably just reupload it to make it easier on people.

EDIT: Reuploaded so it works now.

Last edited:
This ability seems VERY familiar :P
Anyway, I'll try this out. I'll give you my review sometime soon.

-EDIT-
Just tried this out. I like the SFX that you placed. Not bad IMO. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back