What the hell just happened? (We moved!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The avatars still aren't visible to me.

EDIT: I thought you said that you fixed it, turns out you said that you're working on it. nvm

Can't say I didn't expect this, what with sepwich at exploding point, but why are there 500 errors happening?

Re: We lost some avatars

LoganA said:
What do you mean? anyway, I'm working on the problem that is stoping everyone from uploading new avatars.

Ah, I was wondering why I couldn't change it. I change it too much ;_;

Congratulations, new admins!

Cue, I've just sent you a PM. I hope you have received it.

I'm having some "problems" upon opening any site hosted at www.srb2.org in my browser. I'm not able to access srb2.org (and MB) normally.

I hope you can help me. Please.

EDIT: Everything came back to normality. I had tried to get in MB and SRB2 site for 4 hours and I couldn't. Now everything is working normally.

Ezer.Arch said:
Cue, I've just sent you a PM. I hope you have received it.

I'm having some "problems" upon opening any site hosted at www.srb2.org in my browser. I'm not able to access srb2.org (and MB) normally.

I hope you can help me. Please.

EDIT: Everything came back to normality. I had tried to get in MB and SRB2 site for 4 hours and I couldn't. Now everything is working normally.

Sound like one of the DNS servers your computer uses still had the old ip of the server. I hate admins that set DNS service to cache records beyond the TTL.

fawfulfan said:
Cue said:
Please use http://www.srb2.orb/mb/ links from now on.

Whaaa? That link doesn't work.

I keep typoing it as orb, sorry.

RSS feeds are pretty much just a quick way of getting a list of, in this case, the 20 latest posts made on the MB, means you don't have to go through the hassle of looking at the new posts on the MB by actually going to the MB.

Logan, let me guess, permissions?

It's odd that some avatars aren't working, I'll look into it though.

FYI, hotdog never had an avatar on the old MB.

Cue said:
RSS feeds are pretty much just a quick way of getting a list of, in this case, the 20 latest posts made on the MB, means you don't have to go through the hassle of looking at the new posts on the MB by actually going to the MB.

your removebbcode fuction doesn't seem to work on quotes within quotes

Code:
<item>
<title>What the hell just happened? (We moved!)</title>
<description> 

Whaaa? That link doesn't work.[/quote]

RSS feeds are pretty much just a quick way of getting a list of, in this case, the 20 latest posts made on the MB, means you don't have to go through the hassle of looking at the new posts on the MB by actually going...</description>

<link>http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?p=276020#276020</link>
</item>

Or on code blocks
Code:
<item>
<description> 

your removebbcode fuction doesn't seem to work on quotes within quotes

[code:1]<item>

<description> 

Whaaa? That link doesn't work.[/quote]

RSS feeds...</description>
<link>http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?p=276023#276023</link>
</item>

does the RSS feed replace > and < with
Code:
>
and
Code:
<

Edit: ahh never mind, you no longer put the post text as part of the feed, but what if someone put it as the title of a topic?

We moved, huh? Why didn't anyone tell me to pack my bags? :P

And wow, lots of admins now. ._.

LoganA said:
does the RSS feed replace > and < with
Code:
>
and
Code:
<

Edit: ahh never mind, you no longer put the post text as part of the feed, but what if someone put it as the title of a topic?

Replaced in thread titles now.

That will happen eventually. It is just a matter of time and then the administrators need to agree with the switch as well. Cue can't go ahead and do it just because he can. If he ever did that, we would lose almost all respect for him. The MB administrative staff is a team.

Way to be god damn negative, Sonict, I'm really starting to get the feeling that you have it in for me...

The new system needs to be coded first, then it must go through rigorous testing to iron out all the bugs, when we're certain all bugs have been fixed, we go through the trial phase, which is basically a database conversion while keeping the old stuff, once everything is perfect then the old stuff can go and we stay on the new system permanently.

Fun times.

I actually have nothing against you. That is what Mystic said and I agree with him. You can see that for yourself.

Anyways, I'll still help you test it out.

Sonict said:
Anyways, I'll still help you test it out.

I suspected so, yourself and Dark were the best bug reporters last time, before the entire thing went spacko due to my template engine addition. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back