Tails CD

I have actually tried editing it myself to make it so I only get the sprite rehaul. But I can only change the HUD names and remove the slot in CHRSEL. How does one do it? Someone did the same thing to F. Sonic in a wad called 2.2SonicFIXED.wad. How do I do the same here?

I have actually tried editing it myself to make it so I only get the sprite rehaul. But I can only change the HUD names and remove the slot in CHRSEL. How does one do it? Someone did the same thing to F. Sonic in a wad called 2.2SonicFIXED.wad. How do I do the same here?
You don't; SRB2's vanilla Sonic uses "normal" sprites (which can be replaced), while SRB2's vanilla Tails and Knuckles (and all custom characters) use "skin" sprites that can't be replaced. (And, as far as I'm aware, SRB2 version 2.2+ will use "skin" sprites for the vanilla Sonic as well, making that method probably not even work for the vanilla Sonic in SRB2 versions from 2.2 and beyond.)

(You could make a freeslot for a new sprite name, then put custom Tails or Knuckles sprites in with that name, and use Lua stuff to make players using SRB2's vanilla Tails or Knuckles skins/characters use that custom sprite name instead of "PLAY" (while other skins/characters would still use "PLAY"). That requires some effort, though. Not much, but still more than none.)

Last edited:
(You could make a freeslot for a new sprite name, then put custom Tails or Knuckles sprites in with that name, and use Lua stuff to make players using SRB2's vanilla Tails or Knuckles skins/characters use that custom sprite name instead of "PLAY" (while other skins/characters would still use "PLAY"). That requires some effort, though. Not much, but still more than none.)[/QUOTE]

How would I do that? I have SLADE and I'm justing starting to leave Sonic Mania behind and start fresh in the world of SRB2 modding. This might be my next stage. Or could I take out the original Tails slot in the character select and replace it with Tails CD Tails?

Last edited:
I've got something for you. It's in here along with some exotic addons. [snip]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got something for you. It's in here along with some exotic addons. [snip]

OH MY GOD OH MY GOOOOODDDDDDD HOW DO YOU DO THAT? You always have exactly what I need, when I need it. Wow. You're amazing, you know that?! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY GOD OH MY GOOOOODDDDDDD HOW DO YOU DO THAT? You always have exactly what I need, when I need it. Wow. You're amazing, you know that?! Thanks!
Heh. At least you earn it, even if it wasn't ME who made up this site.

I found it: tails_lach.wad. Basically the only way to get Tails' new sprites without any additional functions. Thanks, Elyos03!

Am I allowed to use this for my...

...I'm not allowed to use the sprites for my OC, am I?

(I ask because this is the next best thing to the 2.2 sprites)

Okay guys, this is not the place to be sharing around downloads to random files. This is the thread for Tails CD, a character made by Lat'. Don't do this again. =|

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back