SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the Sonic-Cult said, you have to be prettty damn ***** with him to lose. Also, if you want I'll replace the stars with sucky if you want.

If you want something completely pointless, yet completely cool that can only be done in SRB2 Riders, download this wad now. Just turn off both OGG and Midi music first. To watch it again, type playintro on the console.

http://cz64.sepwich.com/files/intro.zip

After watching, open the spoilers to check out my closing comments.
[spoiler:d5fdc3cea2]Yeah, it's the Sonic Riders anime intro. I found a program that is able to rip images from videos, depending on how many frames per second I entered. So I chose 15.

I know that it didn't finish. The reason is because there can only be 128 scenes in one cutscene. Once you reach 129, the EXE crashes.

I'm also surprised that this zip was able to turn a 60MB file to a 10MB one. And it's not even done. The wad with all the images comes up to 90MB. But it doesn't matter, since there's no way to finish watching it.[/spoiler:d5fdc3cea2]

Can't wait to see what this is. =D

Edit: Wow, that's awesome. If you could make a shorter version, SRB2-styled, then it would look awesome. If you do, you need about two frames for the start and at the end make a frame with the title on it. Trust me, it looks awesome. ;D

Hey, about the transformation into Nights form, how will the annimation for the transformation (epic rhyme) be made? Just a really cool sparkle effect and blurring int the animation.

Maybe you could try to improve the quality of the frames, it still looks cool though. Cut scenes would be cool in between some levels *hint hint*.

Wow.

I didn't realise complex cutscenes caused that much lag.

Oh, and I'd suggest a lower framerate. One that's a factor of both 35 and whatever the video is, if possible. Otherwise, 7 works, since it's a factor of 35. You'd probably be able to squeeze a lot more into SRB2 that way, even though it'd be really jerky.

I'll Begin said:
Wow.

I didn't realise complex cutscenes caused that much lag.
I was doing all of this on my sister's computer, which only has 64MB RAM. There were a few scenes that lagged a little, yeah.

I'll Begin said:
Oh, and I'd suggest a lower framerate. One that's a factor of both 35 and whatever the video is, if possible. Otherwise, 7 works, since it's a factor of 35. You'd probably be able to squeeze a lot more into SRB2 that way, even though it'd be really jerky.
I gave it a 10 the first time. It missed a few frames, so it wasn't smooth. Slow parts like when you see Storm and Tails get on their boards, it wasn't smooth. What I CAN do is give it a 7 to the rest of the frames.

I was thinking already of removing lots of scenes anyway. On the first scene when the camera goes up, I can simply skip the next scene and jump to the one where the water comes gushing out of the tunnel holes. That will certainly save a lot of frames from being used.

I was relitively bored and decided to open this up in XWE. I took notice that the MAINCFG had the animation halting itself every scene (Six images) to display the following;
Code:
TextXPos = 320
TextYPos = 200
SceneText =  
      #
This is of course where the lag or delays are coming from. Not sure if this can be resolved but that's my way of thinking.

Also taking note of the following;
Code:
Scene 1
NumberOfPICs = 8
I noticed these lines at the start of every scene. How about increasing the number? Or does that not work?

I could try removing the text. Couldn't hurt to try. And if I would be able to add more NumberOfPics, I wouldn't had them at 8. I think I asked AJ before 1.46.3 was released.

With Spring Break, I'll now have time to work on the levels and any unfinished work. Like Wave, since most of her walking sprites were already finished. If she's not released, then it was all a waste of mine and Monster's time.

Something else I'm looking forward to do is cutscenes. Unlike the one I released earlier, I want to make it similar to SRB2's intro, but done in a way of screenshots. Like Callum's old TBE mod.

For example, when Eggman announces the Ex World Grand Prix, I want everyone on the characters list to hear about it. Silver and Blaze will be sitting together on a Cafe, with their heads turned torwards the TV screen. Shadow and Rouge will probably be somewhere up high, looking at the TV too. Just random excuses for including everyone on the cutscenes, without making them playable. Sort of like how Amy is part of the Sonic Riders story, but you don't play as her.

The reason I'm posting this is because I simply need help with the script. Mostly ideas that will give a reason for someone like Silver to be part of the race, without loosing focus on Team Sonic and Team Babylon.

Maybe Sliver and Blaze could make a bet, whoever loses the race will have to do *Insert thing here* For the other, Just an idea since I think it suites there style, and it makes an believable excuse for them to enter, and for shadow and rouge, They can just enter because they think Sonic and the others will enter it and they want to know who is better.

Sonic has to keep up with Babylon, while Silver and co. tag along in various ways. Example, being higher up on a cliff where Sonic goes below. An alternative is to have them in another cutscene image, simply just trying to solve a riddle or mystery (Silver and Blaze, maybe?), thus finding Sonic's locations to be where they need, or they are surveying Sonic for some reason. (I'd imagine Shadow solo for the latter)

When it comes to the simple Grand Prix matters though, it's kind of obvious how they're all there, for the race.

gee.png

I was bored :/, it's no use, or is it?

Maybe some extra levels were you play as Blaze, Silver and Shadow. Maybe Rouge but I dunno, she could just be an opponent for one of the other characters in the story. A time limit would work for pponent racing, maybe instead of racing all at once, you get the impression that they are competing with times against each other, that could explain the not versing anyone thing. =D

I still (though not sure if I even said it) think a sprite that follows a set route would make it a little better, and feel more like you are racing something.

ryleigh1207 said:
i think you should add music
There is music added, if you listen. Metal City, Splash Canyon, even Mario Circuit from the MK series. There's heaps of music added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back