Lari Shadehunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceKGreen

Neon Knight
Behold, Lari Shadehunt! My first actually completed character. It took a lot of arguing with XWE, Paint, and GIMP, but here we are. Finally.

LariShot1.png

Feedback highly encouraged; I want to hear what you think of this character and how her sprites/gameplay could be improved, being as this is my first actual completed character.

Alternate download in case the attachment doesn't work.

Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• LariShot1.png
    LariShot1.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,482
  • LariShot2.png
    LariShot2.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,983
  • LariShot3.png
    LariShot3.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,546
  • SRB2Lari4.png
    SRB2Lari4.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,474
  • Lari.zip
    351.4 KB · Views: 1,991
Last edited:
To be honest, I just feel that this is a character that just isn't very well suited to be turned into a character wad because of her design.

As was stated many times in the editing forum, the pitch-black skin just looks drab, and creates problems when trying to read the characters animations. For example, in the following screenshot, it is impossible to tell that Lari is in her pain animation facing away from the player.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/512/srb20111.png

Also, if the armour is new, as I only saw the black sillhouette version before. It partially helps to make the character look more interesting, but only from front/side angles. From the back, it is not clearly visible, and that is where the viewer will see Lari most of the time, problem. Although, I have to give you credit for not mirroring the sprites to make the eye colours consistant and creating frames for teetering on the edge of a ledge from all angles, something not done even by the official SRB2 sprites.

This character is pretty good, I enjoyed playing as her. But the pitch-black skin did look kinda "drab", like Whackjood said.

Where the hell in this thread was Shade mentioned?

Although if I understand what you were trying to say... I don't know where Lari comes from either... original?

Although if I understand what you were trying to say... I don't know where Lari comes from either... original?

*thinks* Not sure whether she could be called truly original or not, since she's my own take on Monster Hunter... or something. I've yet to create a comprehensive information sheet to organize my ideas and stuff.

In the screentshot, her legs look like theyre "combined", theres a black thing connecting between them.

The general shape could be what's making you think that. Though this character is pretty much just a silhouette, so obviously it's gonna resemble SOMETHING that might be familiar.

And from out of nowhere... an inspiration for something I had nearly forgotten about.

A WIP model that I'm hoping will result in much better sprites...

*fades back into background*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back