2.1 pro players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naxio

check signature
I started srb2 in 1.09.4, I did start off with coop but honestly that got extremely boring until i found out about match I loved it and playing against other players that was good. By good I mean really good, examples Jr Jaice Horizonfall AceZX Melly Kitoko Venusstar and much more. But what I'm really trying to say is how match lasted a very long time but in 2.1 there's legit mainly coop or tag servers filled with wads or something. Will there ever be another time where we have a ton of good players that can just body everyone or have the times of match and ctf actually ended.

The netcode being downright broken for three years really put a damper on the competitive side of the game - it was discouraging to play a netgame when 4+ players rapidly made the game unstable and players syncfailed out. Now that that's fixed, we should see a resurgence of the Match and CTF modes in proper play on the Master Server. It might take some time for the skilled players to come back but the high level play tiers should be repopulated soon, by my reckoning.

I support this. A weekly time and date for a game with some degree of curation (which mods get used, what gametypes get played) would go a long way. Presently, it seems like you can't go too heavy with wads at all, or players just won't be able to download them period despite upping the maxsend value, so some organization to make sure everyone has the necessary files beforehand would make online a hell of a lot more vibrant. And maybe if we give players enough prep time to ensure that they won't have to leave 15 minutes after joining a game LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO, we can have some fun like it's 2005 again.

Zandronum gets good Multiplayer mods because of these events, because those who make Mods for it (whether they're Singleplayer/Coop or Competitive) realize their mods may be hosted on weekly events and get some attention, It would encourage modding.

I made a wad that basically skips unfavored match and CTF maps in the vanilla rotation.

I know its lazy but you could use it to play on the maps that the community like and not having to fear the silly trips off the level or into lava.

Last edited:
I do like this idea, but where exactly would the "hosters" congregate so we don't have like 4 of the same events happening at the same time?

I do like this idea, but where exactly would the "hosters" congregate so we don't have like 4 of the same events happening at the same time?

We should all agree on who has the best conectivity as a host since thats matters especially playing competivitly.

I have ok latency but i wouldnt say the best to play with several players competitivly.

You also kind of need a trusted connection, one that is guaranteed to always be stable and not cause unnecessary lag. You'd have to have this available for multiple locations, as well, since there's no chance we'll be able to fund everyone to meet together in some room and play LAN.

Most of us just don't have the resources to pull off an event like this which is why we've only had one years ago, just because SRB2 was featured in SAGE.

If you're looking for hosts who will help serve for players, I could volunteer but I'm all the way in Canada ;/

Last edited:
I could host a server too. I've got a giggity connection. I'm in Arizona.

When would the tournaments take place? Making a sticky in Discussions announcing tournaments with only posts from hosts would be a good idea as less people go on IRC

I made a wad that basically skips unfavored mtach and CTF maps in the vanilla rotation.

I know its lazy but you could use it to play on the maps that the community like and not having to fear the silly trips off the level or into lava.

Reminds me, why don't we have this feature by default, Custom Map Rotation lists to skip the boring levels and/or bosses :P

I'm no pro player, but CTF and Match servers do tend to be the most fun I have in multiplayer SRB2. I remember seeing one 24/7 CTF server, I think back in the 2.0 days. That server was a blast.

I can host my server can have up to atleast 20 people but the thing is im not really a fan of wads except for like match ctf map packs you know?

Well you not the only one to be honest.

Some people host a non-modified server more often. Most of them are Match and CTF

Last edited:
Highkey if we were have a tourney and me and like 2 other old players play wont that be like an automatic win? i honestly want to teach noobs who want to get better at match also so i can stop winning games without trying hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back