OLDC Resuming for May/June 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

As the thread title implies, the official level design contest is resuming for the May/June 2014 time period. The rules are still as they were for the last completed OLDC, with the new voting system intact.

Once 2.1 is out we can send in entries, right? My level has been finished for 6 months now, waiting for the next contest.

I'll probably make a level for this depending on how stable SRB2 doom builder is with 2.1.

I already started mapping with no planning at all lol.

do5Z18P.png

I might actually plan out the level before I start making the rest. =P

Now the good question is, what will the rewards be if the person who entered the contest? If it remains the simple gold name. I guess that good enough for an OLDC. But I feel a better reward would be fantastic. This would bring in more mappers into the community if we have a chance to win something "Good" out of it.

I accept nothing less than a cash prize and my name tattooed on one of the devs' left thigh.

Srb2 wiki says that you can now add two WADs with custom textures to the game at the same time without them canceling each other out. Does that mean custom textures (and maybe other things like music?) will be usable in multiplayer divisions?

So, um, how do we convert our levels from 2.0 to 2.1? Is there a mystical process or will they work straight up?

They should work for the most part. You'll probably have to tweak a few strings in the header or set a linedef executor back up (because a few of those have changed how they get their arguments), but it's nothing like the 1.09-2.0 changes and most things should work.

Srb2 wiki says that you can now add two WADs with custom textures to the game at the same time without them canceling each other out. Does that mean custom textures (and maybe other things like music?) will be usable in multiplayer divisions?
As much as I want to say yes, no. Certainly not this go around, at any rate.

Well, already started to map I did have some experiments with skyboxes.
Can't actually tell it's as good as official srb2 ones but...

Attachments

• srb20010.png
    srb20010.png
    184.6 KB · Views: 927
Finally, I've missed participating in these. They we're good fun and now I have a reason to map again. Not sure if I'll do this one, but I'll most likely take part when I'm back from my South Africa trip which is coming up quite soon. Gonna have to find out about the new voting system as it's been quite a while.

Actually might make something for July/August, instead.

EDIT: Except if I really have the time to do something for May/June.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back