Earthbound is coming out on Wii U VC today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Hog

Announcement here.

If you haven't already played it, buy it. I'd like to raise the chances of any further Earthbound/Mother-related titles coming our way. It's $10, $2 more than SNES VC titles normally are, but the alternatives are $150-200 on eBay for a physical copy, or copyright infringement.

It's a very quirky little RPG - fairly easy to get into (well, provided you grind a bit in Onett, but once you do that it's smooth sailing), and I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
I can also vouch for this game. Glad to see it's finally getting a commercial rerelease. Hopefully it will get the reception in the English world that it deserved back in '95. I look forward to seeing the possibility of finally getting a Mother 3 export.

Also, is that new music in the trailer? I can't say I recognize it.

Also, is that new music in the trailer? I can't say I recognize it.
0:04-0:21 "The Evil Giygas Attacks (part 1)" (with flashes of "Giygas Disintegrates")
0:21-0:33 "The Evil Giygas Attacks! (part 2)"
0:30-1:05 "Opening Credits" (towards the end of the track; this is where the game would fade back to the title screen)
1:05-1:33 "Opening Credits" (a bit earlier in the song)
1:33-1:53 "Pokey Means Business!"
1:53-2:14 "Pokey Means Business!" (after the 8-bit section ends)
2:14-2:28 "Title Screen"

No, nothing new there.

I downloaded the game and it's been a blast so far. I love the wacky battles and hilarious dialouge.

Just a note, buying $50 in eShop credit nets you $5 bonus cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back