Improved Sonic Overdrive Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The engine is decent but why is Sonic so slow?

The level design could use a bit of work, too.

EDIT: Just noticed you're aware of the first issue. Good to know.

I am dead serious. ... How do I jump? (Or spindash?) I've tried nearly every key.

And a lot of the sprites are off center.

*Stares at Ctrl key.* Omega, if I make one stupid mistake today, please murder me with Mystic's official WoW controller.

EDIT: Lolz, bug. If you get knock back by an enemy, you can still kill them by landing on top of them before you hit the ground.

it's a small bug with the invincibility issue in the programming. I didn't title the topic "Finished, Perfected Sonic Overdrive Demo". And I'm working on the speed issue. I'm just glad that it's better than what it was before...*shudders*

you know that checkpoint under water with the two sharks near the start of the game. they can kill you when you come back and you cant do anything about it.

also the second level (if you havent gotten here or this hasnt happened to you) you die at the beginning (sometimes{only if it hasnt happened to you})

It looks to me like you just used Game Maker's poor platformer example for movement. That thing doesn't even have horizontal acceleration! Might I suggest using one of the other examples, such as the 360 engine? Bumping the framerate up to 60 would also help matters.

Also, hurry up and register your copy of Game Maker! You'll be glad you did...

Or you could just learn C++ and make one from scratch, you'll be glad you did!

Can you please show me some pictures I like pictures so please leave pictures of the demo please thank you.

FoxBlitzz said:
Also, hurry up and register your copy of Game Maker! You'll be glad you did...
Pay ten bucks just so you can rotate and change the colors of sprites?

The drawing functions are more than enough of a reason to purchase the Pro version. I have Game Maker 7 so that I can make 2D games using the 3D pipeline. I want to be able to achieve fast, hardware-accelerated graphics, and some of the extra effects you can use such as textured primitive drawing, surfaces, particles, and perspective adjustment are really nice additions. Plus, you don't have some stupid logo in the corner that appears when you try to launch your game. And besides, it's _ONLY_ ten bucks. There are far more expensive packages out there.

By the way, rotation is pretty damn important in a Sonic game. Ever played Sonic Advance before?

Oh, and extensions/DLL usage is awesome.

Some things about this weird demo:
When Sonic looks up he doesnt really move his head like in the real game.
When Sonic crouches he crouches in the air.
The only way to make Sonic a tiny bit cooler is when you get the shoe box and run like he normaly does.
It would be cool to have walljumping..anyways...
Its hard to try and make the jumping objects perfect
Sonic looks like he is running like an old man..
There

Edited:I also killed a robot when i was blinking(like when you get hit)

I can't use Game Maker 7. Trust me, I'd be using it registered if I wasn't using a WIndows 98 SE. Graphics aren't supported for it. I tried registering my GM5, but I can't do that anymore because they changed the site to where you can only register GM7, from what I can tell. I'm trying to get the 360 degree engine to work with this one, but I'm running into trouble every step I take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back