UPDATED New sonic model

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't make a wad to change his animations, he's an MD2, not a sprite. You need a 3D modeling program to edit that stuff, like blender.

I styled him after the SA sonic because that's what the model looks like. The textures similarity to brawl is purely coincidental in my attempt to achieve a shade of blue similar to the sprite.

Just so everyone knows, I made a Sonic Heroes sonic as well with texture wad, sounds, and alternate skins. I just haven't had time to release it...

Even though I think MD2 is !@#$, this one is pretty cool. It looks like a Sonic Unleashed model. This MD2 deserves a Sonic Unleashed mod. Do you think you will make any other MD2s, such as the Werehog?

Edit: Sorry. I'm just hyped about the new game and the fact that it'll be available on PS2

sonicfreak94 said:
I like the texture you've made, but the animation needs work.

How so? I think it looks pretty good fr the limited amount of frames I have to work with. Keep that in mind.

Ashnal said:
I would like to credit the original author of the meshes. I only UV mapped, textured, rigged, and animated these. The original meshes were extracted from a Gmod set, which seem to be originally ripped from Sonic Heroes. The texture and animations are all my work however.

Shuffle said:
http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=srb200061cj8.png

So we meet again, Sonic.
Really, though, not bad. My only real complaints is that a high poly 3D model looks INCREDIBLY strange in a world full of 2D sprites, but that can't really be helped, can it? Nice job.

Well thats why I use skyninjas MD2's ^_^
Thank you.

Although this does raise the bar for modelers like Sky Ninja. After all, this model is an official SEGA model.

zck2020 said:
Although this does raise the bar for modelers like Sky Ninja. After all, this model is an official SEGA model.

Personally I've been thinking of modifying skyninja's Crawlas for a while. They need a better texture and more accurate sizing.

But really it doesn't raise the bar. People will do the best they can, for better or worse.

Ashnal said:
Personally I've been thinking of modifying skyninja's Crawlas for a while. They need a better texture and more accurate sizing.
Personally, I have to say, I agree. Go for it.

Sky Ninja said:
Ashnal said:
Personally, I have to say, I agree. Go for it.

The sizing is a 5 minute job at most, the texturing a little more so due to the way its UV mapped. But since its a relatively simple mesh, it should unwrap easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back